1. Originally posted by RattleandHum1988:Alright all you intruders! (hardcore PJ fans on a U2 fan site :p)

I'm on a huge Pearl Jam kick right now and I'm looking for some awesome bootlegs that aren't hard to find. Keep in mind I know only a little about their bootleg scene, and I know it's huuuuge, but I'm basically looking for a couple great boots that feature a great set list (yes that includes the big hits for this casual fan :p).

Boots from the early 90s would be fantastic.

On that note, in the PJ20 movie they show footage from a super early show that was shot by their merchandise guy at the time. In the movie they show Why Go Home from that show. Is that video available anywhere?

Thanks bros!
    I feel you. As a rare kind of casual-that-can't-become-harddie, my recommendation is to get these boots to start with:

2006-09-17 - Milan
    2006-06-29 - Arnhem
    2003-05-03 - State College

They contain virtually every song you'll know by now, performed in great fashion and featuring great audiences.

PS. You can get them here: http://www.pearljambootlegs.org/modules/jinzora2/ No registration or fee required
  2. I can't stop at just one response, Alex.

In terms of the 1990's boots you were asking about, you should also look for:
    Moore Theatre, Seattle 1992 (official)
    "Drop in the Park," Seattle 1992 (official)
    Las Vegas 1993 (soon-to-be/already-is official)
    Orpheum, Boston 1994 (official)
    Soldier Field, Chicago 1995
    Randall's Island 2 (NY), 1996 (sound quality is good but not great)
    MSG 2, 1998
  3. ..and about the "Why GO" video:

I haven't watched PJ20 in a while but is this what you were looking for?
  4. What's up everyone? Some great work by the PJ community so I though I'd share. If PJdid play a fixed set every night then the opening 3 here is what should be played every night. Amazing show and a trip I'll never forget.

5. Well thank goodness I didn't wast time and energy going to the show!

Thanks for posting, Nick.

Still listening....still hoping for Canada 2015 even though it's not looking good.
  6. Originally posted by RUMMY:Well thank goodness I didn't wast time and energy going to the show!

Thanks for posting, Nick.

Still listening....still hoping for Canada 2015 even though it's not looking good.
    Haha! I figured your wounds have healed by now. It's not looking good but maybe they'll surprise us. Who knows. I'll be there if it's announced for sure
  7. A sorta-PJ fix for any of you:

8. ....looked like a thick one, as well!

(Back in the day when I'd play I'd always be breaking the B or e.)
  9. Bs are the ones that break out the easiest in my experience. You have to to it pretty heavy to break an E, A or D.
  10. Wow, great performance.
  11. After listening to a bunch of those bootlegs, I gotta ask. Have people here discussed the deterioration of Eddie's voice? Is it due to smoking? The man can barely hold a tune anymore