1. Originally posted by clover68:from Small Town Bologna to Yellow Ledbetter Pistoia hehe
    Verona magic
    Milano crazy as usual
    you can even get Avocado start to end in Torino hehe

and i'd not leave back the soundcheck in Verona
    Immortality acoustic, Immortality, Naked Eye, Parachutes, U, Alone instrumental, Education, Inside Job, Gone, M.F.C., Sometimes only riff , Around The Bend, Long Road only riff , some Picture In A Frame. Can't Keep acoustic

Damn shame they didn't play Immortality at one of the shows - I think I can officially say that it's become my favourite PJ song - even ahead of Alive and Corduroy which are two songs I had considered my top 2 for about two decades!
  2. Leeds ticket arrived today, says show starts at 7.30pm and the known curfew for British gigs is 11pm. That's tasty – a potential three and a half hour show. That just gets me more excited.
  3. The Leeds show is a PJ show, right - not part of the festival that is usually paired up with Reading?

I think the shows in North America swerve slated to start at 7:30 but the band usually came on around 8:00...what a sec...I'm being a bubble-burster...I hope you get a three and a half hour show - five times!
  4. Originally posted by RUMMY:The Leeds show is a PJ show, right - not part of the festival that is usually paired up with Reading?

I think the shows in North America swerve slated to start at 7:30 but the band usually came on around 8:00...what a sec...I'm being a bubble-burster...I hope you get a three and a half hour show - five times!

It's at an arena, so a headlining show.

I'm still OK with a three hour show. I doubt it will happen three times, I'll probably get a shorter show for the Polish festival. Milton Keynes will be long considering it is a huge show for them, as will San Siro.
  5. ...and what's show #5 for you again?????
  6. Milton Keynes. It goes Amsterdam, Amsterdam, Gdynia, Leeds, Milton Keynes.
  7. Oh, right....I was thinking that you were going to San Siro based on your previous post - but Amsterdam is indeed closer and much better for value since you'll get two shows in one location!

The Gdynia shows seems to be a bit of an anomaly compared to the other four shows. What's your "rationale" there?
  8. Getting to Milan is expensive... £200! I'd love to go to the San Siro show, the atmosphere will be electric. Amsterdam is cheaper to get to and of course I'm getting two shows while I'm there - the two opening shows.

The Gdynia show seems to have better opportunity for front row. We're just going to go down early, take alcohol with us and camp out there until PJ come on. On these five shows, I hope to get one of Eddie's wine bottles. I'm taking a tambourine to each show then...
  9. The Italian shows in 2006 were (IMO) easily the best of the European tour .

That 2006 run in Italy is amazing .

I'll put those Italian gigs right up there with Detroit , Grand Rapids , Hawaii and the 2 Gorge shows .
  10. Originally posted by KieranU2:Getting to Milan is expensive... £200! I'd love to go to the San Siro show, the atmosphere will be electric. Amsterdam is cheaper to get to and of course I'm getting two shows while I'm there - the two opening shows.

The Gdynia show seems to have better opportunity for front row. We're just going to go down early, take alcohol with us and camp out there until PJ come on. On these five shows, I hope to get one of Eddie's wine bottles. I'm taking a tambourine to each show then...

Are flights to Milan really that expensive? It's easily the cheapest destination from most Spanish airports!

Epic plan btw
  11. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]

Are flights to Milan really that expensive? It's easily the cheapest destination from most Spanish airports!

Epic plan btw

Yeah, annoyingly they are. I don't understand why. If they were cheaper, I would have went to the Milan show too – that will be the highlight of the tour.
  12. I'm sure it will. If I get hold of some extra money I might do it. I will regret it if I don't make it eventually.