1. Originally posted by wtshnnfb01:Agnostic myself. I go through spells where I want to believe, but have never actually found a faith. Really more a practical matter for me than anything. I live based on a fairly strict, and rather complicated personal code. Most religions would actually probally be more flexible.

We're the same in that regard then. I don't like the, mostly American idea, that you can do so many bad things but by forgiven just because you go to church. That's stupid.

I believe in science. That's where the answers lie.
  2. My lack of faith has less to do with being overly into science, and more too do with my own cynicism.
  3. We're close to turning this into the religion topic. It is not.

Swedish army wants to upgrade our fighter planes. I want us to continue having one of the most high tech armies and being at the top of military technology.
  4. As fair as countrys which have militarys which are almost purely defensive go, you country has one of the better ones.

The Grippen is a damn fine plane. Makes me wish my country could get the damn F-35 project on track.
  5. http://rt.com/news/iran-nuclear-iaea-sin-421/

Iran, who is suspected by many western nations of secretly developing weapons of mass destruction, has proposed a ban on nuclear weapons, calling their production or possession as “a great sin.”
  6. Originally posted by wtshnnfb01:As fair as countrys which have militarys which are almost purely defensive go, you country has one of the better ones.

The Grippen is a damn fine plane. Makes me wish my country could get the damn F-35 project on track.

I believe your country is a little jealous of our stealth submarines, at least, so I've heard. Sweden traditionally has a strong military. I guess it must have felt good to have that when you were pretty much a neighbor of the Soviet Union. We had the fourth biggest air force in the world around a the end of the 50s. Impressive for a country with such a small population.

Yeah, the Gripen is a fine plane. I'm hoping the new plane that's being worked on will be something fantastic, media sometimes call it the Super Gripen.

7. If by double standard you mean how the US and English media unfairly report stories on places in the Middle East, specifically Palestine, I agree, if I'm wrong, correct me.
  8. Wikileaks emails indicate Stratfor discovered Israel already destroyed Iran’s nuclear facilities

Growing concerns over Iran’s nuclear facilities may prove to be all for naught. Officials from the global intelligence company Stratfor allegedly discussed that Israel may have already destroyed the Iranian nuclear facility, according to one of the emails released by Wikileaks Monday.

In one of the over five million emails leaked, the conversation centered on Israeli Defense Minister Ehud Barak praising the news of deadly munitions blasts at a base of Iran’s elite Revolutionary Guards.

“I think this is a diversion. The Israelis already destroyed all the Iranian nuclear infrastructure on the ground weeks ago,” one intelligence official wrote in an email dated November 14, 2011. “The current ‘let’s bomb Iran’ campaign was ordered by the EU leaders to divert the public attention from their at home financial problems. It plays also well for the US since Pakistan, Russia and N. Korea are mentioned in the report. ”

One other Stratfor official allegedly indicated a similar finding.

“Israeli commandos in collaboration with Kurd forces destroyed few underground facilities mainly used for the Iranian defense and nuclear research projects,” he wrote on November 13, 2011. “Even if the Israelis have the capabilities and are ready to attack by air, sea and land, there is no need to attack the nuclear program at this point after the commandos destroyed a significant part of it.”

Stratfor released a statement on Monday condemning the leaks.

“This is a deplorable, unfortunate – and illegal – breach of privacy,” the company said. “Some of the emails may be forged or altered to include inaccuracies; some may be authentic. We will not validate either.”
  9. They've already signed the NTP Treaty, which says it is illegal for any signatory to build weapons anyways.

Also if Wikileaks is correct in their findings with what I just posted, they're [Iran] bluffing about their nuclear program much akin to what Saddam did about ten years ago.
  10. Originally posted by Mr_Trek:[..]

I believe your country is a little jealous of our stealth submarines, at least, so I've heard. Sweden traditionally has a strong military. I guess it must have felt good to have that when you were pretty much a neighbor of the Soviet Union. We had the fourth biggest air force in the world around a the end of the 50s. Impressive for a country with such a small population.

Yeah, the Gripen is a fine plane. I'm hoping the new plane that's being worked on will be something fantastic, media sometimes call it the Super Gripen.

I've never heard much about your countrys subs. I've always assumed they were good though. I'm not sure America is jealous of them. There diesel boats which is fine for a coastal force, but for a true blue-water navy, you really have to go nuclear with subs. If I recall right, you guys were at war, on, and off with Russia for hundreds of years.