1. Great cover. Not quite as good as the original, but pretty darn close. The guy sounds a lot like Bono, too! And their cover of Acrobat is spectacular, too. I don't think anyone aside from U2 themselves could do much better than these gents- so these are probably (although hopefully not) the best we'll ever get live. Pretty spectacular. I'd like to see them.
  2. Originally posted by drewhiggins:[..]

Not nearly as good as the other tracks is what I meant. VDL and LRM are nowhere near as good as even something like When Love Comes To Town. Having developed a love for American roots and blues music (and R&B too) I feel that would be a great song to play live, even now.

If it is there then it's there. Imagine an album with only the following:

God Part II
    Angel Of Harlem
    When Love Comes To Town
    Heartland
    Hawkmoon 269
    Desire
    All I Want Is You

A short album by all means at about 32 minutes but that would be an incredible album.

Rattle And Hum, an EP by U2. That would have been awesome.

I think it's very hard to deliver this song live in a stadium setting.

Arena tour anybody?
  3. another wonderful song never played live, just a couple of snippets .. i don't think it will never surface, arena or stadium, but you never know they shot some big surprises lately
  4. I am sure that they'll play Acrobat, Drowning Man and Heartland some day. Sure.
  5. Acrobat? I think yes. Drowning Man? Maybe, since they rehearsed it...but maybe not, since they got so close and then decided not to. Heartland? ...Can Bono even sing it anymore?
  6. Bringing it back to Heartland, if memory serves me right, it's the only song on R&H produced by Brian Eno
  7. Just listened to this today, what a great song! One of my favorites (If not the favorite) studio song of RH
  8. Originally posted by U2_CR:Just listened to this today, what a great song! One of my favorites (If not the favorite) studio song of RH

Tied with Hawkmoon 269 for me. Both are just superb.

9. The studio version of Hawkmoon is good. The live version of Hawkmoon
  10. My God, what a song
  11. I love Heartland and Hawkmoon 269. Briliant songs
  12. A beautiful song, and even more beautiful with the black & white R&H footage accompanying it. One of U2s best songs? If push came to shove and I really thought about it, it would be in my top 10 for sure.