1. I don't know what rules you plan, so I have no idea.

I'm sure you've covered the basics, though. And since especially in the beginning most torrents will be reseeds from other sites, I don't see the need for special rules. You can always adjust them, when the tracker lifts off.
  2. Short draft with the rules will be online when i opened up the beta site for everyone. This will happen later today

We hope we can do with less rules than U2T though, but again its just a little project. No bigger than the show pages we did last year.

BTW thanks to everyone who already had a testdrive last few weeks! MacStripey, Lofterasa, Noiseless, Drew!

Here is the draft, nothing final in here! No spelling check done either
    Fan-content only

Officially released content is not allowed. We will warn you when you try to upload shows that are known to be released officially. Only ignore the warning if you are absolutely sure.

Shows that are officialy released are only allowed when they are not professionaly recorded. So TV/radio broadcasts, soundboards, IEMs are not allowed in this case. Audience sources are. The crew may still decide to ban the recording if they feel it's necessary.

Please don't break these rules, we won't hesitate to warn users or take other appropiate actions like banning on user and ip level for both the tracker and website.

Quality requirements

All lossless recordings are allowed. In some cases lossy recordings are accepted aswell. We encourage users to post other lossy recordings on the forums, so that our staff can add them to our ordinary database.

* DVD compression (MPEG2)
    * H264 compression
    * Digital audio broadcasts like DVB-T (MPEG2 AUDIO)

Tagging is not required but very much encouraged.Personally we think the best way is to tag using u2gigs official setlist. But again, do as you wish.

Share, dont leech

You start with 10GB credit. After this the ratio system will kick in to make sure this site can exist. You need to have a ratio of at least 0.4. This means you can roughly download 5 bootlegs for each 2 you've uploaded!

If your ratio is too low, you can't download any torrents. At this point we can't do anything for you. So avoid being in this situation

A way out are free leech torrents. They are marked orange in the listings.Even with a low ratio you can download a free leech torrent. And the best is that only your upload counts. So with a free leech torrent your ratio can only go up!

Torrent clients that don't follow protocol will be banned. Please make sure you use a proper client

Be nice

This is a community. Don't start bitching about the quality of stuff. You are not forced to download anything. Also don't play the moderator. We decide what is banned and what not. We encourage users to report bogus or illegal uploads to our crew.
  3. Originally posted by yeah:Well, with U2t being there for years and doing a good job, I just don't see the need for another U2 tracker. Especially if the rules are gonna be more or less identical.

Yes, I get your point. When we started to discuss the idea, many months ago, I thought the same as you, but then other crew members made me realize that, in fact, we do not want to take U2T's place as the U2's torrents number 1, we just want to add another download option for the U2start supporters.
    For example, it's a pain in the arse for me to download 17 files from Rapidshare (which works like crap for me, as Megaupload) when I want to get a lossless show, and if I wouldn't know U2T (or had no account there), I wouldn't have other option to get them; that's what we want to change.
    We don't want to host our entire collection there. We don't want to become a torrent-focused site. We just want to add another option, specially for the bigger files like DVDs and FLACs. Maybe someday we buy our own server and host the lossy bootlegs there, who knows, it's just another option too. We don't want to pretend nor copy U2T, we just want to improve our options.
    Oh, and enabling the faithful U2start users to give a bit of what they take
  4. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]

For example, it's a pain in the arse for me to download 17 files from Rapidshare (which works like crap for me, as Megaupload) when I want to get a lossless show, and if I wouldn't know U2T (or had no account there), I wouldn't have other option to get them; that's what we want to change.

Simple solution: Put up a link to U2t.

Don't get me wrong, I'm in no way against the creation of a tracker. I just don't see the need for it. But it's you guys who'll have to deal with all the trouble, not me. So just go for it.

You should be aware of a few potential problems, I see right now. Many leechers who were kicked off U2t will move over here. Tons of people will not read the rules and whine about not being able to download anymore, btw: is there an option planned to ban people with multiple accounts?

Also, with official stuff (even if it's just one song) being allowed, you might get in the focus of authorities even more...

Oh, any rules planned for pay per view channels?

Just trying to help.
  5. About the authorities. We are doing even less with torrents than we do now. Don't think we will allow pay-per-view recordings.

Banning people wont be a problem. Not that hard to ban people with the same ip address. Also new users will get starting credit of only 5GB, only current users will have 10GB credit (the testers will get some more). With credit i mean the amount you can download before ratio management kicks in.

And the official content is only allowed when they are AUD sources, same as on the site. Even this is under consideration.

Also these are just my insights we try to get something good out of it by allowing the members to test and give feedback in the middle of the development process. The good thing is we build everything ourselves, we can do whatever we want without being limited by 3rd party code.

Thanks for your input though, really appreciate your insights Will add the automatically banning of duplicate accounts to our todo list

6. Yes, that's what we've done for a long time. But some people simply don't like U2torrents, or don't/didn't know how to use it. We're gonna make it more simple I think (mainly because, as I told you before, torrents are not and won't be our main focus).

Thanks for the feedback
  7. Originally posted by Risto:
    And the official content is only allowed when they are AUD sources, same as on the site. Even this is under consideration.

Ah, okay. I misread the rules there.

Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]
    Yes, that's what we've done for a long time. But some people simply don't like U2torrents, or don't/didn't know how to use it. We're gonna make it more simple I think (mainly because, as I told you before, torrents are not and won't be our main focus).

Just curious, how are you gonna make it simpler?
  8. The rules are a draft, removed the confusing lines

Think sergio means simpler as in no unneccessary features. Since U2T uses TorrentTrader software it is not customised for U2 bootlegs. For example it is relatively hard to find torrents for specific leg or show.

But again, we know U2T is huge at the moment and its just an option we are trying out If it doesnt take off then we can consider other options

We are open for other options. We already did some brainstorming last year, where our own hosting was discussed and several WebSeeding strategies. But believe it or not this one is the less drastic of all of them.
  9. IPs that are used twice accross different accounts are banned automatically now
  10. Can we get some torrents with MP3? I don't think my iPod can play .flac