1. Originally posted by Yogi:[..]

People of USA elected Bush. Bush went into Iraq and after 10 years there was more then 100.000 dead civilians. And now ISIS is killing even more of them. So yeah, we could do this all night long and we won't get to any smart conclusion. And while we do that, people are dying.

Bush never ran on an and was elected to fight a bad war. In 2004 the Iraq war hadn't really turned that bad yet either. Then the US turned on the Iraq war and Bush and elected a congress that was against. When Hamas were elected in 2007 they had been terrorists since the 80's.

Also this is largely irrelevant relating to the Israel topic. I never said Bush was good or that they were wise to elect him. I think Bush was no good.
  2. Originally posted by Mr_Trek:[..]

Bush never ran on an and was elected to fight a bad war. In 2004 the Iraq war hadn't really turned that bad yet either. Then the US turned on the Iraq war and Bush and elected a congress that was against. When Hamas were elected in 2007 they had been terrorists since the 80's.

Also this is largely irrelevant relating to the Israel topic. I never said Bush was good or that they were wise to elect him. I think Bush was no good.

Lib strategy, 101. When in doubt, blame Bush.
  3. Politics Thread 2.0

Do I need to put the popcorn on?
  4. Absolutely not.

Originally posted by LikeASong:Totally agree, let's cut the politic shit. It's like if we closed the Arcade Fire thread for any reasons, and then we all discussed Arcade Fire in the Bruce Springsteen topic... Got it? Ok. Let's cut it. We all know our positions after so many years - no need to repeat it all in an unnecesary and angry loop.

Originally posted by LikeASong:This isn't Politics Topic #2. See the first posts in this thread to see it is intended to be a place to discuss funny or surreal news. Something like the Humour topic but with a slight "current news" theme - nothing else.

It's enough. We're all very angry about the Middle East & East Europe mess but this ain't a Politics topic.
  5. I think the name of this topic needs to be changed if we're not gonna allow discussion of recent big news. This hasn't been a general political discussion but more focused on recent events. If that's not allowed this topic can't have the name of a "General" news and media topic.
  6. General = not politics. Clear enough?
  7. This is pretty cute:

8. If anyone cares, James Garner died.
  9. Nah, I'd change the title of that video: What Happens To Your Luggage T The Airport When You Fly With Ryanair.

10. Funnily (or coincidentally), the only times I've found out my luggage damaged after flying was both times I've flown with a non low cost airline. Admittedly, I don't check my luggage so often with low cost airlines, but when it's happened I haven't found anything faulty. But I guess it's more airport/country-dependant than anything.