1. very very good news.
    This will work.

The rockier songs on SOA will go down a storm here, but I agree set list modification is necessary.

They can win over a lot of people here.

Open with

Vertigo
    Boots
    I will follow.

Its a recipe for relevance and success
  2. Originally posted by dferryachtungbaby:All the comments on the guardian website, well most of them, show that many people arent happy with U2 being chosen. This is why I dont want to go really. They have no solid argument either, saying the band are shite and Bono is this and that. U2 should just come back to stadiums where they will be appreciate instead of playing in front of a pack of doped up assholes whod rather see a twat like Pete Doherty play.

Grrrr rant.

I like your style, definitely a Derry man.
    But I think its can kind of be a massive fuck you to the musical posers that exist out there, you know the people who are still talking about the stone roses, by taking over their fucking Vatican b taking over their Mecca and showing them how its really done...with fife and drum.
  3. Just saw the news...

I didn't think the rumors could become true, but here we are...I've always wanted to see U2 in a thing like that, so that's great news

The bad thing is the fact that there are no more ticktes...I don't have the possibility to go, but I'm sure a lot of people here would want to do it...

Anyway, It will be awesome to see U2 playing in a festival like this, without the claw and probably giving some "different" songs to people (at leats, I hope so...)

So, what do you think U2 will play: a smaller set or a full 360 Tour set?

Greetings from Brazil
  4. Originally posted by Macphistfly:very very good news.
    This will work.

The rockier songs on SOA will go down a storm here, but I agree set list modification is necessary.

They can win over a lot of people here.

Open with

Vertigo
    Boots
    I will follow.

Its a recipe for relevance and success

I think it will be shortened setlist from 2010 american tour... but I'm curious how they will look without special stage.
  5. It seems that a lot of people are worried that U2 wont be able to pull it off at Glasto.

I think it is a risky move, especially announcing it on the back of an album that is pretty much dead in the water (NLOTH) and a possible follow-up selection of songs from the same creative process (SOA).

However, by the time the headline act comes on everybody will be so mashed on weed and mushrooms that they will be happy to stand in a field and wave their arms and cheer to whatever is played.
  6. They didn't loose what they had in the early days.
  7. It's definitely gonaa be the most interesting U2 gig in a long long time. Possibly ever.
  8. I think you're way too excited about this. Even though it's good not to see you so negative as usually, I think you're a bit overwhelmed. It's not that exciting in my opinion, just another chance... Which I hope they take. They can't fuck it off. But I'm afraid they will/would/could...

Nevertheless, my less excitement regarding Glasto might be biased by the fact that this concert probably eliminates the chance of another Irish show, which I wanted to attend.
  9. They became a proper live band by playing festivals and gigs at simple venues. They can't have forgotten how to do it. I believe they haven't.
  10. Originally posted by yuri31:They became a proper live band by playing festivals and gigs at simple venues. They can't have forgotten how to do it. I believe they haven't.

+1
  11. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]I think you're way too excited about this. Even though it's good not to see you so negative as usually, I think you're a bit overwhelmed. It's not that exciting in my opinion, just another chance... Which I hope they take. They can't fuck it off. But I'm afraid they will/would/could...

Nevertheless, my less excitement regarding Glasto might be biased by the fact that this concert probably eliminates the chance of another Irish show, which I wanted to attend.

I'm overwhelmed that they are stepping out of their own arena for the first time possibly this decade. That's what I'm happy to see
  12. Originally posted by germcevoy:[..]

I'm overwhelmed that they are stepping out of their own arena for the first time possibly this decade. That's what I'm happy to see

yep yep