1. Originally posted by JuJuman:[..]

Well, still two albums to go... and I'm sure there'll be the odd song now and then, even after the last official album. But yes, for sure it'll be sad.

I can't imagine them planning this far ahead...why would they do that...
  2. http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/18-things-you-learn-hanging-out-with-u2-20141030

The band is weighing a two-night structure for their 2015 tour.
    "There is talk of doing two different kinds of shows," says Clayton. "One night would be a kind of loud, explosive rock & roll kind of event and then the other night's show take the acoustic arrangements of some of the songs, and kind of present those songs in a much more intimate way. But we don't really know how that's going to sound and look." One thing the band hasn't figured out: how to make sure audiences understand in advance which show they're getting.

Read more: http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/18-things-you-learn-hanging-out-with-u2-20141030#ixzz3HfY2IvFV
    Follow us: @rollingstone on Twitter | RollingStone on Facebook
  3. Which one will you rather go: a loud, rock & roll concert with the usual warhorses + SOI songs, or acoustic, intimate show with some rarities?
  4. BO(bviously)TH
  5. If my hand was forced, the loud rock concert.

But both if not
  6. I've attended three loud and rocking shows by them... If I was forced to choose, I'd say it's time for a change - I'd attend the acoustic concert And not for the new songs (which I'd actually prefer to see in their full rocker form), but because of seeing other songs of their catalogue getting a new treatment (or another parts of their catalogue, for what it's worth).
  7. not sure I'm liking the idea. I'd prefer the rock show, but would certainly also attend a acoustic concert, just out of curiosity...
  8. Originally posted by flowerchild:not sure I'm liking the idea. I'd prefer the rock show, but would certainly also attend a acoustic concert, just out of curiosity...

Yep, not a fan of the idea either. I hope they go with the "Innocence" talks to "Experience" concept.
  9. The idea worked for The Rolling Stones but they played in different venues. On previous tours they have played small theatre, arena and stadium shows with a varied set list.

I don't see how many "casual" fans would like the idea of a full acoustic show if U2 are planning to go this way. Will interesting to see how this unfolds.
  10. Hmm I like some acoustic songs every now and then, but I actually wouldn't want to see and hear a whole evening of 20+ songs, all played that way... I'd be bored rather soon methinks.