1. i guess i'd be disappointed only because i have heard those songs before. that being said, however, i will be just as disappointed if those 360 songs don't get some sort of release, be it as b-sides or on a best of 00-10 compilation
  2. Originally posted by dylbagz:i guess i'd be disappointed only because i have heard those songs before. that being said, however, i will be just as disappointed if those 360 songs don't get some sort of release, be it as b-sides or on a best of 00-10 compilation

This is how I feel too. Those 360 songs need to see the light of day, Best of 2000-2010 would be ideal.

4-5 from HTDAAB
    4-5 from NLOTH
    4-5 360 songs.

And last but not least, it wouldn't be a U2 release without

A studio version of Crazy tonight remix
  3. Im happy with a totally new album and save those other songs like Every breaking wave, Mercy, Crazy remix for when they want to release something when they retire because im sure its must be recorded in studio somewhere
  4. Originally posted by Andrew_C:[..]

This is how I feel too. Those 360 songs need to see the light of day, Best of 2000-2010 would be ideal.

4-5 from HTDAAB
    4-5 from NLOTH
    4-5 360 songs.

And last but not least, it wouldn't be a U2 release without

A studio version of Crazy tonight remix

Since we still don't have an album, probably it would be appropriate to hope for a best of 2000-2020/30...
  5. I don't think there'll be another Best Of to be honest. U2 knows that CDs are out, and with the advent of iTunes and downloading individual songs from your favourite albums, there's really no need for it.
  6. Should really have worked on them and released them as an EP or something. At least that would've made the wait for the album less frustrating. I wouldn't mind them as B-sides if they have recorded them, it would make a change from a bunch of remixes.
  7. I would have like to have another song or two on "Wide Awake In Europe" and it be made a more general release. Studio versions of Every Breaking Wave and North Star would have been a perfect addition to that EP.
  8. I don't think Mercy, EBW and North Star will be on the record, it would be a slap in the face to the fans. However they most def deserve an official release, B-side or something.

9. Yeah we've discussed that option widely in the last montsh (even last year) but I don't think they're in the same situation. Beyonce just disappeared off the map for a few weeks and them ¡¡boom!!, a surprise album. U2 mgmt & spokepersons have been much more active so it wouldn't be much of a surprise. They would surprise if they take it out tomorrow Aug 21st. But releasing it in September, October or November when 90% of the industry and fans await them to do so would be zero surprise.
  10. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]

Yeah we've discussed that option widely in the last montsh (even last year) but I don't think they're in the same situation. Beyonce just disappeared off the map for a few weeks and them ¡¡boom!!, a surprise album. U2 mgmt & spokepersons have been much more active so it wouldn't be much of a surprise. They would surprise if they take it out tomorrow Aug 21st. But releasing it in September, October or November when 90% of the industry and fans await them to do so would be zero surprise.

Here we go...the boys are gonna read your post and postpone the release to 2015 to "surprise" us
  11. The "Surprise" thing was not that great idea. Sure, a young artist can pull it off if they are really big. I don't care for Beyounce, but she's huge. It sold 3.3 million worldwide. Even NLOTH sold more at 5 million. Older artists need as much promotion as possible to get the old people in the shops to buy the actual cds or the patience to download them. Music just isn't marketed to people over 35 that much, and most of us are over 40 or even over 50, so we're not talking about folks who actually buy music much. Sad, but true.