1. Anyone think they'll release a studio version of Mercy? I'd love to hear a full, polished version.
  2. Maybe its in the upcoming album ? Who knows

3. As much as I agree (and I would want the original version, not the version they played on the 360 tour), I very much doubt we'll see a version of it on the next album. They only played it live because Willie asked them to/suggested it to shake up the setlist. That song was pretty much complete, and U2 aren't the kind of band to bring back a completed song from a time forgot, let alone one that's been made so public/played live. It's not like that song got HUGE attention when they played it live either, maybe that was the test run.

I think the only thing U2 does when it comes to releasing old ideas is to look back at an old idea and working on it and finishing it. City of Blinding Lights was apparently from the Pop sessions, but I'm willing to bet it either sounded nothing like the 2004 version, or they thought "this isn't what we want to do now, let's release it eventually". U2 now want to distance themselves from everything they've been doing (we'll see if they actually manage to) so I doubt they'd release a song they fully wrote ten years ago (wow, ten years...).

TL;DR - Nope.
  4. Originally posted by RattleandHum1988:[..]

As much as I agree (and I would want the original version, not the version they played on the 360 tour), I very much doubt we'll see a version of it on the next album. They only played it live because Willie asked them to/suggested it to shake up the setlist. That song was pretty much complete, and U2 aren't the kind of band to bring back a completed song from a time forgot, let alone one that's been made so public/played live. It's not like that song got HUGE attention when they played it live either, maybe that was the test run.

I think the only thing U2 does when it comes to releasing old ideas is to look back at an old idea and working on it and finishing it. City of Blinding Lights was apparently from the Pop sessions, but I'm willing to bet it either sounded nothing like the 2004 version, or they thought "this isn't what we want to do now, let's release it eventually". U2 now want to distance themselves from everything they've been doing (we'll see if they actually manage to) so I doubt they'd release a song they fully wrote ten years ago (wow, ten years...).

TL;DR - Nope.

Definitely a solid analysis! Regardless, I'm incredibly excited for this new album. The hype (no pun intended) is too much to deal with!
  5. I keep telling myself to be very skeptical about these rumors and articles but I can't help but get excited. :S
  6. I would be disappointed if we were to hear any of those new songs from 360 on the new album.

7. I agree. With waiting 5 years I want 11 or 12 "NEW" songs that I haven't heard before.

8. I wouldn't be, or at least I'm still waiting for some to pop up on a record, which might as well be a b-side of the new single.

9. Agree entirely. I swear if Every Breaking Wave makes its way into the new record, Bono will be without a home in Southern France.