1. It was cruel throwing All My Life into there!!!

EDIT: Or should I say: "You're so cruel"
  2. You're all obsessed with All My Life

A bit of harmless fun, the images were brilliant.
  3. Despite all of this, U2 is taking way too fucking long with this and all the silence is a piss off. Yeah a few weeks ago I was all "patience, yadda yadda" but all of this trickery reminded me that we really have nothing to go off of. We hear tidbits from "representatives" whatever the hell that means or whoever the hell they are. It's time U2 used social media like other bands do to get in touch with their fans. Even simple updates here and there would be better than this. Even "Guys, we're still working away at the album, we want to make it the best we can" would be great. At least we'd know what they're up to. What the hell do they have to be embarrassed or quiet about? They're U2. Even if they come out and say "we have writer's block" it's not like people would say "wow U2 sucks", people would say "Oh shit..maybe it's time they give it up" which would push them to get something out.

Either way, this shit better come out soon because the hype they had in February is all gone and they better have something good up their sleeves to get it back.
  4. If Coldplay and The Black Keys' albums are bad, and U2 don't release a new album in 2014, I seriously have concerns for this year in music. It has been trash so far.
  5. Sorry guys, but an april fools joke on March 31 isn't cool...
  6. Originally posted by KieranU2:If Coldplay and The Black Keys' albums are bad, and U2 don't release a new album in 2014, I seriously have concerns for this year in music. It has been trash so far.

The Broken Bells album - I think it's awesome!
  7. I was really hopeful
  8. Originally posted by RattleandHum1988:Despite all of this, U2 is taking way too fucking long with this and all the silence is a piss off. Yeah a few weeks ago I was all "patience, yadda yadda" but all of this trickery reminded me that we really have nothing to go off of. We hear tidbits from "representatives" whatever the hell that means or whoever the hell they are. It's time U2 used social media like other bands do to get in touch with their fans. Even simple updates here and there would be better than this. Even "Guys, we're still working away at the album, we want to make it the best we can" would be great. At least we'd know what they're up to. What the hell do they have to be embarrassed or quiet about? They're U2. Even if they come out and say "we have writer's block" it's not like people would say "wow U2 sucks", people would say "Oh shit..maybe it's time they give it up" which would push them to get something out.

Either way, this shit better come out soon because the hype they had in February is all gone and they better have something good up their sleeves to get it back.

I also got pretty upset with them a couple of weeks ago... then look at us, as soon as we get a half credible April's fool, we're all pretty excited once again... hypes come and go; if there will be some good new U2 music, the hype will come again.

I think U2 are doing well to be secretive enough. If they started giving us daily or weekly updates... they wouldn't be mysterious rockstars anymore.

I really hope they'll do a 'surprise' release, like Noel G and Bowie did (even though, unlike them, everybody knows U2 are working on a new album). And I hope the cover is at least as cool as the one we've just seen. And that All my life will be in there... as well as many other songs. Ah: and please, don't overproduce. Fun sounds are fun, but great music is even better.
  9. Admit it, it's a publicity stunt from the crew
  10. Good performance all 'round. Well done the crew! It throws the gauntlet down to the Interferencers and the other fansite crews to come up with their own fake albums. In fact, maybe that's the way to go, maybe the fans should just release a U2 album for U2.
  11. Originally posted by RattleandHum1988:Despite all of this, U2 is taking way too fucking long with this and all the silence is a piss off. Yeah a few weeks ago I was all "patience, yadda yadda" but all of this trickery reminded me that we really have nothing to go off of. We hear tidbits from "representatives" whatever the hell that means or whoever the hell they are. It's time U2 used social media like other bands do to get in touch with their fans. Even simple updates here and there would be better than this. Even "Guys, we're still working away at the album, we want to make it the best we can" would be great. At least we'd know what they're up to. What the hell do they have to be embarrassed or quiet about? They're U2. Even if they come out and say "we have writer's block" it's not like people would say "wow U2 sucks", people would say "Oh shit..maybe it's time they give it up" which would push them to get something out.

"I've heard people talking about having blanks, going through writer's block. I always remember when I was a kid, I remember being at school, when people were talking about Yeats, and how at this particular period in his life he couldn't write and and he'd nothing he wanted to write and he was desperate about this. I remember I put up my hand and asked the teacher 'Well, I'm not being smart or anything but why didn't he write about that?"

Bono to BP Fallon, 1993 during writing/recording Zooropa.

Perhaps Bono should now follow the advice of young Bono.