1. I can already picture screens with shots of the Ramones, the Clash, Dublin, hopefully a recorded video of Likke Li, Volcanoes, possibly some early 1977 U2 pictures etc. I think this time around the U2 imagery will be a bit less abstract.

It'll be a cool show, hopefully with some early 80's material thrown in.
  2. Just hoping it is a little stripped back. The less technology that is used the more open to setlist changes the shows will be. When too many of the songs have their "own" videos the shows tend to be too scripted and you only get 2-4 song changes per night.

Would love to go to a U2 concert and be surprised by the setlist. How cool would that be?
  3. I want those cool motion capture things from Invisible.

4. They keep the dates lately . So if tehy come to SA will be in FEb/March in 2015 or 2016 . I think they will start in North America inApril/May ...Europe Sep/Oct and then 2016 in SA
  5. Originally posted by patou2:[..]

They keep the dates lately . So if tehy come to SA will be in FEb/March in 2015 or 2016 . I think they will start in North America inApril/May ...Europe Sep/Oct and then 2016 in SA

6. Welp, time to start making deposits to my U2gigs savings account

7. Time to re-start (and reboot ourselves)... I had something around 400 bucks saved back in mid-2013 but then spent it all in other concerts, haha
  8. U2 spelt out in pipes and loads of white flags.
  9. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]

Time to re-start (and reboot ourselves)... I had something around 400 bucks saved back in mid-2013 but then spent it all in other concerts, haha

Well played!

I actually wouldn't mind Unknown Caller making a return for the next tour, but I have that sinking feeling we're going to get Boots...
  10. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]

Time to re-start (and reboot ourselves)... I had something around 400 bucks saved back in mid-2013 but then spent it all in other concerts, haha

Fortunately I said "no" to Werchter, Arctic Monkeys and Kasabian this year...
    Ok, would've been good, but nothing compares to seeing U2 live. Even though I don't like SOI.
  11. U2 to play GERMANY in MAY?

Bono and Edge interviews - U2 to play Germany in May 2015?

The interviews have been happening thick and fast. Two of the highest profile were with KROQ and with Jo Whiley, which we reported earlier, and Adam Clayton gave a very interesting interview on Argentinian radio. This article covers one with Edge and two more interviews with Bono.

The biggest news comes from Bono's interview with German radio station SWR3, which you can stream here. At the 7:10 mark, the interviewers asked Bono when U2 would return to Germany. He finally gets around to answering at 8:03: "we'll be back with you next May". After Adam was vague on Argentinian radio, this is remarkably specific. So by the sounds of that, U2 will be touring Europe in May 2015. Bono was also asked about Songs of Experience; he emphasised that "I am the least reliable member of U2" but "about sixty percent [of Experience] is there".

Bono also spoke to Marty Lennartz of Chicago's 93XRT; you can listen here. This interview had no real tour tidbits. Bono did, however, emphasise that U2 are ready to tour: "we've got the tunes and we can play 'em. We can play 'em in a stadium, we can play 'em in a pub, we can play them in a bus station - we've got the tunes." He also dropped some information about the bonus tracks on the deluxe version of Songs of Innocence. "Lucifer's Hands" and "The Crystal Ballroom" are, in Bono's words, a couple of "important songs". He then went on to describe three of the acoustic versions: "Every Breaking Waves" will "really kill ya"; "California" has a "big brass, big soul section like a Van Morrison song"; and there is a version of "Raised By Wolves" that "sounds like African music, Fela Kuti or something".

Meanwhile, The Edge spoke with The Edge. No, he hasn't been admitted to an asylum; he was interviewed by Alan Cross for Toronto station 102.1 The Edge and you can listen here. At the 10:41 mark, Cross asked when U2 would next be on the road. Edge was not as specific as Bono was to the Germans. "We don't have dates that we can announce today" but "next year for sure you will hear about U2 shows" including in Toronto. This led into a discussion with Cross about how U2 would follow a tour as massive as the 360 Tour. Edge expressed distaste for the idea of needing to "top" what had previously been done. Rather, he felt that "when it comes to music, it's really about what's right for that moment". What U2 did on 360 is "no longer fresh, no longer a new thing", and when they go on the road next year the presentation needs to be "something fresh and different and inspiring to us and hopefully to the people that come along and see the show". What could that be? "We're not sure exactly, but we want to do something different."

There was also some additional information about Songs of Experience slightly earlier in the interview, in response to a question at 10:13. Like Bono, Edge did not want to build unreasonable expectations. He emphasised that "it's too early to say for sure" but the band's intention is to get Experience out "in fairly short order".

http://www.u2gigs.com/article901.html
  12. Interesting and great news from atu2 :

Bono confirmed that U2 are planning an arena tour next year. Talking to Absolute Radio's Christian O'Connell, he said:

"We're gonna be touring. We're gonna start next year. We're gonna try and play the O2 and places like that, more indoors than outdoors this time, but we'll see where it takes us. It's exciting. We'll be coming your way and these songs are the songs that, I think ... I think they will play themselves."

The Irish Examiner reported that Bono said the band needs to be proud of U2's new material to tour:

"Only if the songs are great can you bear leaving home. We all have families and mates and ... so you know, you're looking for 11 great reasons to leave home and I think we've got them. You know what it's like now, it's like a whole city goes on the road with us. Our kids go out on the road, they get excited about it. It's like ... yeah, it's kind of a whole ... Dublin goes on the road."