1. Originally posted by Andrew_C:[..]

i hadnt either until last week i decided to give NLOTH a spin for the 1st time in over a year. It has actually aged quite well imo, enjoyed it a lot.

NLOTH is definitely a good album - U2 are no bullshitters First four songs are classic. Crazy tonight - album version - isn't bad. Being Born to Cedars is all good. And the two duds in the middle are not that bad either. As always, though: no Vertigo, no BD, no SYCMOYO, no COBL - hence no huge commercial success. But still a great album for us fans I would say.
  2. Originally posted by JuJuman:[..]

NLOTH is definitely a good album - U2 are no bullshitters First four songs are classic. Crazy tonight - album version - isn't bad. Being Born to Cedars is all good. And the two duds in the middle are not that bad either. As always, though: no Vertigo, no BD, no SYCMOYO, no COBL - hence no huge commercial success. But still a great album for us fans I would say.

Completely agree with you about NLOTH. It may not have the rocking hits of HTDAAB, but it's my favorite album of the '00s. I also like Crazy Tonight (album version), to me it's just that it doesn't belong to that album, IMHO. If you put in Winter and Soon as an opener, that's an awesome album.

I think (at least I hope) that NLOTH, like Pop, will receive its due acclaim years after its release.
  3. The turnoff for the NLOTH album was the lead single GOYB! Wanted that upbeat rocker such as Beautiful Day or Vertigo but this lacked that. I still think they should have released Moment of Surrender as a first single. Clearly the best song on the album!
  4. Not the most radio friendly song, would've been great as a second or third single, though I can't see how to edit it without butchering it
  5. Originally posted by cesar_garza01:[..]

Completely agree with you about NLOTH. It may not have the rocking hits of HTDAAB, but it's my favorite album of the '00s. I also like Crazy Tonight (album version), to me it's just that it doesn't belong to that album, IMHO. If you put in Winter and Soon as an opener, that's an awesome album.

I think (at least I hope) that NLOTH, like Pop, will receive its due acclaim years after its release.

Indeed - Soon should have really been on the album somewhere (though I really like NLOTH as an opener). There's only an vinyl official version, is there?
  6. Originally posted by AMLBONO:The turnoff for the NLOTH album was the lead single GOYB! Wanted that upbeat rocker such as Beautiful Day or Vertigo but this lacked that. I still think they should have released Moment of Surrender as a first single. Clearly the best song on the album!

I really like MOS: up there with their best, but, again, not quite a radio hit... though - indeed - I'd be really interested to know more about the counterfactual world where it *was* the lead single...
  7. So sad to see (hear), how death U2 are since Popmart! You Guys talking´ about MOS, really? They can sell every shit to you how they want to, right?

8. BTW: Hey Tel Aviv, please let's find a Solution, it's enough!

9. the songwriting in invisible is better than half of No Line. i have high hopes

on another note - i tweeted steve lillywhite asking his thoughts on that sirens thing. no response. every other rumour and u2 related thing i have tweeted him has been graced with a response, hoping that means somehting but probably just wishful thinking

10. Really? I thought Ordinary Love's songwriting was quite good, but found Invisible's moderate.
  11. That line about a magic marker kills Ordinary Love.