1. this October, after 20 years Pink Floyd are going to release a new album ...still less time to wait than for U2's next one I guess....
  2. For some reason (don't ask me why) I've been reading the new album's thread over at interference from here on... July 18th seems to be the date for some U2-related announcement, and there seems to be rumours regarding a "Superbowl Part 2" aka an ad/promo being aired during Brazilian World Cup's final match. There's also a guy (nicknamed Headache - very appropiate) who reports U2 mgmt are in negotiations to buy u2invisible.com domain

And this particular post by Dan_Smee:
    I totally understand the pessimism, and I too feel it to some degree. Of course there is a chance something will delay it, but you are being obtuse if you can't see how it is different now than in February or last year. The two big bits of news that set it apart are Headache's u2invisible.com domain and the beach clip. The fact that they haven't been together for a while too is a good sign. Add to that the (admittedly second hand) reports of negotiations going on until last last week or so regarding the World Cup, rumours of some sort of major announcement on July 18, people hearing mixing going on (which would only happen without the band in the context of mixing the entire album to create the similarity in levels, sounds etc), and the final markers, and definitely the least convincing of Edge and Bono getting themselves into 'public mode'. Yeah, things could change, and they invariably do with U2, but it is just plain stubborn and ignorant to say it isn't different this time.

This, and the beach clip are cautiously bringing back into optimism.
  3. I have to say he makes a convincing case. There are also the statements from U2 officials saying the album won't be delayed to next year and that one of Dallas telling a fan that it's coming out this fall and they're touring next year. Coupled with what he's saying, it sort of falls into place. U2invisible.com makes it sound like they're calling the album that or something though. It'd be an odd name considering they're trying to be the opposite of invisible - relevant.
  4. The beach clip was also removed from soundcloud
  5. Originally posted by LikeASong:For some reason (don't ask me why) I've been reading the new album's thread over at interference from here on... July 18th seems to be the date for some U2-related announcement, and there seems to be rumours regarding a "Superbowl Part 2" aka an ad/promo being aired during Brazilian World Cup's final match. There's also a guy (nicknamed Headache - very appropiate) who reports U2 mgmt are in negotiations to buy u2invisible.com domain

And this particular post by Dan_Smee: [..]

This, and the beach clip are cautiously bringing back into optimism.

I'd welcome all of this if it were true. Though at this point I wouldn't believe any U2 news even if Bono came knocking on my door with a copy of the new album to tell me himself.

Cut to me waiting eagerly by my computer on July 18...
  6. Hello all, I don't know when the last time I've been here was, but I wanted to check up and see how things were progressing. With rumors of a fall release gaining a bit of traction, I guess it's the right time to get back into the swing of things and start building up that concert fund.
  7. Originally posted by RattleandHum1988:I have to say he makes a convincing case. There are also the statements from U2 officials saying the album won't be delayed to next year and that one of Dallas telling a fan that it's coming out this fall and they're touring next year. Coupled with what he's saying, it sort of falls into place. U2invisible.com makes it sound like they're calling the album that or something though. It'd be an odd name considering they're trying to be the opposite of invisible - relevant.

I can't imagine the need for a website with the name Invisible in it. People are moving away from websites to a point, and just using facebook. Now if they somehow name the album after a track that got a somewhat mixed reaction, and after a big promo push that lasted only a few short days, it would be really odd to use that song title for a new website. I mean, could you have imagined AllBecauseOfYou.com , being launched at any time?
  8. Originally posted by pleasegone:[..]

I can't imagine the need for a website with the name Invisible in it. People are moving away from websites to a point, and just using facebook. Now if they somehow name the album after a track that got a somewhat mixed reaction, and after a big promo push that lasted only a few short days, it would be really odd to use that song title for a new website. I mean, could you have imagined AllBecauseOfYou.com , being launched at any time?

Maybe Vertigo.com
  9. The good part of it is that we have 2 years ahead for the concert fund as Alex said above (btw, welcome back dude).
  10. After the Garth Brooks saga I'll be surprised if Croke Park manages to host any gigs at all going forward.