1. Originally posted by LikeASong:Well, we're only 6 days away from having the 1st song of the album, I would worry if the hype engines weren't working at full pace

2. Probably the biggest wait since I'm a U2 fan. Although I'll always remember buying my copy of Pop and listening to it for the first time - no internet for me at the time, no spoilers... I think I listened to the thing for the best part of a night...
  3. Watch them pull a Beyonce and release this thing next Tuesday.

I personally don't think anything would put them to the front of attention more than that.
  4. Originally posted by JuJuman:Probably the biggest wait since I'm a U2 fan. Although I'll always remember buying my copy of Pop and listening to it for the first time - no internet for me at the time, no spoilers... I think I listened to the thing for the best part of a night...

Yeah, this has been the longest wait in a good while.

January 1998 (end of Popmart tour) - October 2000 (release of ATYCLB) : 1½ year.
    December 2001 (end of Elevation tour) - November 2004 (release of HTDAAB): 2 years and 10 months.
    December 2006 (end of Vertigo tour) - February 2009 (release of NLOTH): 2 years and 2 months.
    July 2011 (end of 360 Tour) - February 2014 (release of Invisible and hopefully announce of a new album): 2 years and 7 months... and counting.

If the album is released anytime later than May, it will be the longest break between the end of a tour and the release of new music in their whole career.
  5. Yep, the longest break must still be December 1993 - March 1997...

The build up, though, with Danger Mouse involved, the lessons they've hopefully learned since NLOTH...

After 1993, U2 could pretty much only go downhill - hard to improve on AB and ZOO TV (they still did great, though). Hopefully now they can go up a little - albumwise...! (Hard to improve on 360... although I'm sure they'll do great again.)
  6. One could argue that Passengers and their album shouldn't be counted as a break/gap though
  7. Yep, that's true... but the fact that we almost forgot about it certainly is quite telling!
  8. I feel like the wait between Bomb and No Line was much worse than this. Do you guys remember how we knew about MOS, Magnificent, Unknown Caller, the title of the album and the riff from Boots since about mid-2007? I think that was more annoying that the silence we are having. I'm definitely excited at the silence and the potential that this new album might be a classic xD I'm staying optimistic.

9. Still, back to the new album, it's been so long. And if FEELS even longer with all the immediacy and the "disposable feel" of everything nowadays. Now it's just the hit that matters, the Youtube video, the tweet... And it all gets forgotten too soon. I've listened and stopped listening to a million bands since U2 played the final 360 show in Moncton lol.
  10. Passengers was definitely not a break
  11. Would be great to announce the new album and a tour during the Super Bowl break
  12. I'm very excited about the album because of the fact that Bono's voice, at least for right now, is on point! How he sounded during Desire while playing that small gig was awesome.