Popmart
Legs (4): Leg 1: North America, Leg 2: Europe, Leg 3: North America, Leg 4: Rest Of The World
Shows: 111
  1. I went to that show. right at the end they put up four POP ART faces of Princess Diana whilst Candle In The Wind was playing out as we were leaving.
  2. I have a bootleg here on CD but dare not post a picture up!!
  3. I did Rotterdam 1&2, London 1&2 (and met the whole band on my birthday and they signed lots of stuff for me), even chatted for quite some time with Paul McGuiness and Pimm Jal De Parra (Rest in peace Pimm), then went to Leeds where it really pissed it down before ending up a week later in Paris. An absolute amazing show!
  4. Then why the aspect to add a photo too? Maybe folks like to read with their pictures!!
    Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]
    I'm not upset, I can tell you that It's just that, as Edi says, it's a written forum and we like to read other people's posts - not only seeing pics of their collectibles collection! As you very well know by now, there's the Collectibles thread for that.
  5. Did you enjoy Placebo when they rocked out as the support? That stadium was rammed!!
  6. Originally posted by ELIZIUM:[..]
    I went to that show. right at the end they put up four POP ART faces of Princess Diana whilst Candle In The Wind was playing out as we were leaving.
    I have photos from that show somewhere...it was a moving tribute
  7. Would you be able to post them. I think somewhere up my attic there are photos too. I recall a boat trip in the day and that gig in the night. Coach journey from South Wales all the way! Knackered
  8. Originally posted by ELIZIUM:[..]
    Words and pictures it is then! Plenty of U2 stories to accompany a lot of threads here. Registered about 8 years ago and didn't do much on here until lately when i thought just how much the band mean to me. I will stick to the collectibles area (and in moderation).

Sounds fair. You can of course still post elsewhere
  9. Originally posted by ELIZIUM:[..]
    I did Rotterdam 1&2, London 1&2 (and met the whole band on my birthday and they signed lots of stuff for me), even chatted for quite some time with Paul McGuiness and Pimm Jal De Parra (Rest in peace Pimm), then went to Leeds where it really pissed it down before ending up a week later in Paris. An absolute amazing show!
    Of gigs that I have not been to but love & listen to most, Leeds Popmart 'Pump It Up George' is my favourite, cranked up to max. in the car driving across Italy & France (or anywhere else for that matter).

MW and HMTMKMKM, Gone...are ace

When Bono talks to the crowd about the rain, mentions the flower children people at the front who he recognises...'you must have done it on the internet or whatever, I can't even work the hoover' !

I love it all !
  10. best sounding
    1997-11-14 - Miami, Florida - Pro Player Stadium
    soundboard.