1. Originally posted by Bloodraven:But giving it a chance to Like a Song and then droping it forever and ever... that's mindblowing. (And I liked it better than Seconds which became a staple at the time).

Sergio will adore you
  2. Originally posted by RattleandHum1988:[..]
    I'm sort of with you on that. I think it'd be cool for the novelty, but it's not exactly what I get excited about when seeing U2 - that being said I'm also all for them keeping the warhorses that many around here complain about..

I'd much rather hear them try Two Hearts or Surrender if they're going to dig up War.

I love the "warhorses" for myself and for people who never attended a U2 show. It's not fair for them to miss out on those songs.
  3. LOL

I can see why they dropped Like A Song after just one performance (and that one at the radio)... But it's a totally different matter than Drowning Man. As I said a couple of weeks back, I don't care if it would have killed the momentum of the show: it's just a super beautiful song and they should try it some time. Bono snippetting it during the 360 show gives me hope for it to be performed on a more intimate tour (like the upcoming IE Tour).

4. I don't get it

also it's not like they never ever play momentum killer songs... Miss Sarajevo is not exactly the most exciting song to be played live.
  5. Originally posted by Bloodraven:[..]

I don't get it

[..]

also it's not like they never ever play momentum killer songs... Miss Sarajevo is not exactly the most exciting song to be played live.
    1) They only played Like A Song once in Dundee and reportedly a couple of weeks earlier on a BBC studio too. The band was supposedly unhappy with how the Dundee performance turned out and they retired the song and never played it again

2) Amén. Miss Sarajevo, Your Blue Room, Wake Up Dead Man and Van Diemen's Land are all less intense and less interesting than Drowning Man

6. I know, but that's what I don't get... It didn't sounded bad at all, like I said before, I actually would've been tempted to drop Seconds, which sounds a bit weird sometimes, but Like a Song... I don't get it
    (dropping Exit, ok, there's a reason behind it, I'm not totally convinced with it, but ok, I can see why... but I can't see the reasoning behind LAS).

Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]2) Amén. Miss Sarajevo, Your Blue Room, Wake Up Dead Man and Van Diemen's Land are all less intense and less interesting than Drowning Man

While I argue that that's relative (surely there's many people who prefer YBR or WUDM or any of them before Drowning Man), I totally agree that if those songs have find a way into the live shows, surely DM could take their spots every once in a while and not being accused of killing any moment in the process.
  7. At the risk of going off topic... It's been said they dropped Like A Song because they weren't happy with how it turned out, specially the ending (they didn't know how to properly finish the song, something which actually comes across while listening to the album)...

Totally agree with you though, also on the Drowning Man subject.
  8. Originally posted by LikeASong:At the risk of going off topic... It's been said they dropped Like A Song because they weren't happy with how it turned out, specially the ending (they didn't know how to properly finish the song, something which actually comes across while listening to the album)...

Totally agree with you though, also on the Drowning Man subject.
    Easy, you said the answer yourself: they should just use it to lead straight into Drowning Man, like in the album.

That way we get Like a Song, we get Drowning Man AND we stay on topic.

(seriously though, they could've tried to make something like Threw a Brick - Day Without Me -I've mentioned that combo way to many times, but I think is deserved in this example... Threw a Brick doesn't really "ends", very similar to LAS).

---

(On a side note, off topic, just to illustrate how distracted/stupid I am:
    When Alvin said "Sergio will adore you" (and I already knew which user was "Sergio", btw) I kept looking for comments you had made on this thread regarding LAS to understand what he meant it was until a few minutes ago that it came down on me in the most "oh stupid!" way...)