1. Originally posted by bazzzz:rock and roll all of fame is a typical commercial and american business affair, nothing to do with music , with art.
    Radiohead not in? Doesn't matter , the band of Oxford don't like this kind of celebrations. They like to play music and to create it, no blablablabla but miusic. Imo
    Totally agree with you...and I shouldn't care about the R&RHoF....I guess I thought it was very cool (and deserving) that Pearl Jam was "recognized" for their body of work just one year ago and that Radiohead, their contemporary, should also have been. There are very few bands that have four (or more) albums consistently rated at five-stars (out of five, of course). Can U2 even make this claim???

I'm harping on this (and I shouldn't) but their music means so much to me that I'm having trouble letting this one go.

PS. I guess Oasis doesn't have a hope in hell of making it when their up for induction.
  2. Ok Computer is definitely a 5/5 star album for me, In Rainbows come close, but I think it's a bit self serving (I think that's the word... Or whatever Larry said it was when U2 released Passengers), and the rest of their catalogue is even more of that.

They definitely deserve to be on the Hall of Fame, and soon, and they will. I don't think it's a huge deal they didn't made it in their first year, specially considering how much they themselves seem to dismiss it (as far as I know it's not just popular vote, but a combination of both or it just informs the decision making process).

Either way, I don't see that clear that they should've been ahead (this year) of the other bands that were inducted. Even if they deserve it more than, say, The Cars, Ocasek's guys have been on the waiting list for quite some time, so it's not a sin that Radiohead waits a year.

---

Regardless of that, if I'm gonna give a present to someone, and that someone keeps announcing to everybody how much my gifts suck and how much they're not interested in receiving it... Why would I be in a rush to give the present (and give a speech about what a wonderful person is that)?
    And why would that person (and/or its friends/fans) be upset that I decided to not give him the present he didn't want in the first place?
  3. Originally posted by RUMMY:[..]
    Totally agree with you...and I shouldn't care about the R&RHoF....I guess I thought it was very cool (and deserving) that Pearl Jam was "recognized" for their body of work just one year ago and that Radiohead, their contemporary, should also have been. There are very few bands that have four (or more) albums consistently rated at five-stars (out of five, of course). Can U2 even make this claim???

I'm harping on this (and I shouldn't) but their music means so much to me that I'm having trouble letting this one go.

PS. I guess Oasis doesn't have a hope in hell of making it when their up for induction.
    PS. being an american affair i also have that feeling
  4. Originally posted by Bloodraven:Ok Computer is definitely a 5/5 star album for me, In Rainbows come close, but I think it's a bit self serving (I think that's the word... Or whatever Larry said it was when U2 released Passengers), and the rest of their catalogue is even more of that.

They definitely deserve to be on the Hall of Fame, and soon, and they will. I don't think it's a huge deal they didn't made it in their first year, specially considering how much they themselves seem to dismiss it (as far as I know it's not just popular vote, but a combination of both or it just informs the decision making process).

Either way, I don't see that clear that they should've been ahead (this year) of the other bands that were inducted. Even if they deserve it more than, say, The Cars, Ocasek's guys have been on the waiting list for quite some time, so it's not a sin that Radiohead waits a year.

---

Regardless of that, if I'm gonna give a present to someone, and that someone keeps announcing to everybody how much my gifts suck and how much they're not interested in receiving it... Why would I be in a rush to give the present (and give a speech about what a wonderful person is that)?
    And why would that person (and/or its friends/fans) be upset that I decided to not give him the present he didn't want in the first place?
    I appreciate the analogy (well written) but still don't think it's the same. I think the Hall lost some credibility with this omission.
  5. The Cars have influenced many more bands than you think. Including some that were already in the Hall.
  6. The Cars deserve to be in.
  7. we discuss about nothing , imo
  8. Yes. I will move on. But how to move on????
    A list always cheers me up. I think I'll rank their albums:

OK Computer
    Kid A
    In Rainbows
    The Bends
    A Moon Shaped Pool
    Amnesiac
    Hail To The Thief
    Pablo Honey
    The King of Limbs

...aaaaaah, I feel (a bit) better now.
  9. Spectre is the best Bond theme. How the hell did Sam Smith get it over Radiohead?
  10. I don't like Radiohead's Spectre song, to be honest.