1. Originally posted by flowerchild:[..]

you mean, it's not allowed?
    as far as I know, it wasn't in amsterdam as well, but really -everyone- around me was smoking (someone even had frigging cigarillos ).. apparently, they give a shit

whut?! everyone BUT ME

and yeah, people don't mind at all.

what I loved about Dublin - to get back on topic - was that no alcohol was allowed inside the stadium.... so literally half of the 80.000 people just came in when Major Tom started LOL Irish can't go without their Guinness for too long
  2. Originally posted by gibbo1968:Hi all I was at the 1st show and i've gotta say it's the best U2 gig iv'e been to.

Fuck knows why it took me 27 years to get around to doin it!

Anyway enjoy my youtubes of Bad and UTEOTW

[YouTube Video]

[YouTube Video]

I queued all day and got a good spec on adams side,the only downfall was that the bridge stopped right above me twice and bein a midget I couldn't see fuck all

Here's a small selection of my pics.

[image]

[image]

[image]

[image]

[image]

[image]

[image]

[image]

oh god, man, your pics are epic got more of them online? brilliant shots, great quality
  3. great shot of Adam relaxing on his amp
  4. Thanks for sharing the videos and photos gibbo1968. I especially like this one. Cheers.

5. just got back ...
    saw all three in dublin, tired as hell ..... and a happy man !
    I actually think bono was drunk on dub3 .... he had to look at the lyrics so many times it seemed ..... dont know if they hide a autocue or something behind the monitor ... but he was looking there very very often ....
    I stood slightly to his right, with two small girls in front of me ..
    not bad for nr 268 in the line .... what a story that queing was .... more later about that !
    dub3 .. nyd ... bono missed the_ arms entwined, he sang the next line twice . the newspapers said ..
    stay, unbelievable .... he bloody hell coughed very loud in the mike, during first part of the song .. guess he needed to clear the throat ....
    bad was not in brackets in official setlst, it was simply there .... bono did get a new guitar with one ... after one he was talking to the techie ... then to larry and to edge ..... and edge started .. was stopped by bono .... bono started 40 .... bad backup thingling sound was started again ... and edge with slight hick ups .. started playing .... it turnd out to be a very very moving version .... very very wide awake !
    during bad he picked the irish flag from the guy at the rail, just on my right, very moving !

new yearsday was announced, and now for my polish friends .... so I screamed NYD ..... and yes ..it rocked as hell !!!

and what no one seems to get ......

the sound check --- rehearsals .... WERE the encores !!!!!!!
    .they really felt like they were .... it was awesome .... I will follow full and very loud and clear, then drowning man also very clear and full, no stops ....... then new years day, without Bono ..... which could have signaled they would play it tonight ..... and then electrical storm .. stopped, then played in fulll too ....

I guess instead of paying 800,000 euro fine .... why not reward the diehards that have been out there all day, and night ...... and so they did ... with this awesome ----moving --- unforgettable rehearsal !!!

second night, with the rain .... the umbrellas on stage were lifted up with unf fire .... amazing, and bono singing so many RAIN snippets .... he was truelly on fire on night two ...
    mysterious ways, with the very short but moving Mothers of the dissappeared snippet was awesome !
    the girl even asked him: where he lived .... the cheeky lady ... he was lost for words .. then .... eventually answered something like brae .... not quite sure ... that lady was cheeky, dancing and flirting ! she was up for it ....

on night one I had to sacrifice half of my dextro energy tablets, broke them in pieces and threw them at these bloody cameras that were blocking my view for the first 5 songs .... fucking hell I hate them !
    they soon held them down cause I was not giving up .... they were holding the things with 2 hands, above their heads, so we could not look over shoulders nor heads ....
    stop moaning about setlist, start a petition against these bloody cameras !
    they made me decide to camp out for night two, I stayed at croke after night one .... so I could be a t the catwalk rail, without any of these bloody things in front of me ...! I succeded !!!!
    but that was not without a big very big war cause security fucked up the two line system they were enforcing .... one line with wristbanded folks for the pit, with 2300 in it ... they were not to be let out of the pit ... so that line two, without wristbands, could take possession of teh field .... and the much wanted rail at the catwalk ...... imagine sleeping at croke under a piece of cardboard, cause I had no sleepingbag .... slept one hour, was nr 3 in the field-line .... and entered the field as nr 1 only to see the catwalk taken by wristbanded people .... total war broke out then ...
    I was lucky that a guy who I had met earlier, he wrote this book, me and my u2, he is called cathal, he stood up and gave me his spot at the rail !!!! I almost started crying .... quickly took my spot and was shaking for 1 hour ! all of our group started a riot ! security did not know what to do .... people staretd taking off their wristbands, playing as if they did not know, or even, as if they had never had a wristband , fucking bastards ! saying they had not been told about the two way system etc .... come on, you got a bloody wristband, so you knew all along what your tactics were !!! security made loads of people get up and give up their places, loads refused etc ..... what a helll !!!!!! yep, call yourself U2 fan ... man, how dissappointed I have gotten from all these little line-wars and rail wars etc ,..... there are loads of bloody arseholes out there, saying they have once been the victim of bad policies, and line cutters, and now they simply do the same !!!! I have almost gotten into fist fights with some of them .... I play the game honest and if you dont, I WILL KEEP TELLING you that you suck !!!
    BIGTIME
    sorry, had to let you know this peculiar side to the dublin experience .... need some sleep now .....

more words later about this great three-some !
    but I tell you, 5 GA shows in 8 days is on the edge of total madness ..... feels good though

6. now thats a review
  7. one more .....
    it is NOT nice when just before the show starts, masses of way too drunk irish lads start ploughing trough the field ... to take the best spots ...
    on day one ... we had all positioned ourselves so we could allow the small italians have good view, etc etc .... it was good vibe ,..... then ..... in came the irish .... and the whole filed shifted ..
    it was fucked up !!!! for real !!!!!
    also, no atmosphere on the stands , except for day three ...
    but maybe more foreigners were there then ....

man, how amsterdam rocked ......
    even bono has agreed amsterdam2 was the best so far ....
    got that from a friend who met him on sunday in his favourite pub, not far from his house, also, on that same occasion he confirmed the brussels thingie .....
    I had to sleep off my one hour inbetween 2 concerts night ... so I did not go with them to the pub ...
    also I think we should leave the man alone on his one day of rest on his home ground ...
    but thats just me ....
    bedtime now ...
    no doubts ... more later !

8. Give me 5 minutes!

I didn't want to post a lot but as you've asked!

9. The queue

10. Croke 3 definitely had the best crowd of the 3 shows. Mexican waves, a buzz and just all round anticipation if something special. It sadlynever happened though. Eager to hear the bootlegs though. Opinions can change

11. Gibbo, Remy & I were under that RR bridge to start the day, before they shuffled us into the corrals inside the stadium!