1. Will certainly check this out tomorrow

Thanks for your tireless efforts
  2. will check that one out just for that great performance of Ultra VIolet
  3. Great matrix!
  4. Too many sources can kill a good matrix. You always should test it with only two sources first. It's most enough, or 3 sources if a iem-source is available. A iem can boost a two sources audience matrix to nearly soundboard quality. In my eyes it makes no sense to mix more than two audience-recordings. You should take everytime the best two sources available for an audience-matrix.

But it was certainly very difficult and i thank you for the hard work.

I've downloaded it and i like it anyway. Thanks again.
  5. Originally posted by U2Freak999:Too many sources can kill a good matrix. You always should test it with only two sources first. It's most enough, or 3 sources if a iem-source is available. A iem can boost a two sources audience matrix to nearly soundboard quality. In my eyes it makes no sense to mix more than two audience-recordings. You should take everytime the best two sources available for an audience-matrix.

I think DiegoQ05 knows what he is doing
  6. Originally posted by U2Freak999:Too many sources can kill a good matrix. You always should test it with only two sources first. It's most enough, or 3 sources if a iem-source is available. A iem can boost a two sources audience matrix to nearly soundboard quality. In my eyes it makes no sense to mix more than two audience-recordings. You should take everytime the best two sources available for an audience-matrix.

You're completely right and I totally agree with you, but this was a special case for me, let me explain: you see in all 5 sources, each one had something to add to the recording: fer101's recording was used specially for the bass and some drums, fortylicks's recording was used specially for the audience, bedoc's recording was used for drums and some guitar, toni's recording had excellent vocals and, at times, great guitar sound...and all of these plus edomedo's recording as a base(excellent audience recording) turned out to be a pretty good matrix. Of course synching all of the recordings and all that was really hard but I think it was worth it, I also had special care for this one because it's the first U2 show I've been to and the only one up to date.

So, next time I do a matrix I will do what you say and see how it goes. Thanks a lot for the advice!!

Oh and I strongly recommend to download the lossless which I hope will be up in a few hours, you won't be dissapointed Risto and U2Freak999

And diedier, you'll love Utraviolet in lossless quality
  7. ill try the samples. edomedos is percect though
  8. The megaupload links are added to the pages. Havent found time to listen to it yet though

Do you have an info file with lineage, etc? We are planning to keep track of these kind of details in the future

EDIT:
    I am listening to it now. Sounds great
  9. Originally posted by DiegoQ05:[..]

You're completely right and I totally agree with you, but this was a special case for me, let me explain: you see in all 5 sources, each one had something to add to the recording: fer101's recording was used specially for the bass and some drums, fortylicks's recording was used specially for the audience, bedoc's recording was used for drums and some guitar, toni's recording had excellent vocals and, at times, great guitar sound...and all of these plus edomedo's recording as a base(excellent audience recording) turned out to be a pretty good matrix. Of course synching all of the recordings and all that was really hard but I think it was worth it, I also had special care for this one because it's the first U2 show I've been to and the only one up to date.

So, next time I do a matrix I will do what you say and see how it goes. Thanks a lot for the advice!!

Oh and I strongly recommend to download the lossless which I hope will be up in a few hours, you won't be dissapointed Risto and U2Freak999

And diedier, you'll love Utraviolet in lossless quality

I'm doing audience matrices only if there are two Prerequisites:

One source has loud audience, loud vocals, low bass and the other source low audience, much bass and loud or low vocals (it does not matter, only one source must have loud vocals).

My dream is to do a matrix from berlin 2009-07-18. But the best two sources vortex242 and wb are almost identical. It makes no sense to mix them. And the other available sources are not good enough to do a matrix. I hope there will be a nice iem-recording available for berlin in the future.

Greetz

Ps: Paris 2009-07-12. The two sources are great to do a matrix.
  10. had a listen. You have did well in making them sound like one recording. There seems to be more clappers in it though than edomedo's standalone recording. I don't think that recording can be improved on and i've fell in love with it so i'll be holding onto it.

Yet to find a matrix thats worth keeping. Only because i'm a picky bastard though and nothing to do with your efforts

11. Yes I like, great work. I would get the rest.

Thanks so much
  12. Originally posted by germcevoy:had a listen. You have did well in making them sound like one recording. There seems to be more clappers in it though than edomedo's standalone recording. I don't think that recording can be improved on and i've fell in love with it so i'll be holding onto it.

Yet to find a matrix thats worth keeping. Only because i'm a picky bastard though and nothing to do with your efforts

Hey germcevoy I get what you're saying..when the edomedo recording came out, I almost lost my hopes on making a matrix, but after doind a bit of remastering and so, it came out better than I thought. Just try this sample and tell me all your thoughts because as I said..the samples I put up before aren't as good as this finished matrix. The sample is Ultraviolet in lossless quality:

http://www.mediafire.com/?ylygimgchmc