1. Which list? This thread is 6 years old Currently it would be a Best Of 2000-2014 and 14 years is not really a logical time to make a compilation...
  2. Where is TheLedge? Two great posts in this thread. As far as 2000-2010 goes, why create a Best Of that celebrates your least exciting era as a band? If U2 were to release a greatest hits compilation for Christmas, would it differ too much from U218? I suspect that City of Blinding Lights, Every Breaking Wave, and Invisible (though this one is a stretch) would make it in place of Sweetest Thing, Saints Are Coming, and Window in the Skies. U218 is a travesty anyway for only including two songs from the 90's. Even if you hate Pop and Zooropa with a passion, you can't deny at least Stay or Staring at the Sun a place on the disc.

We're in the middle of a tour and a new album is on the way. Not really the time for reminiscing about greatest hits. The future is still bright.
  3. Originally posted by iTim:Where is TheLedge? Two great posts in this thread. As far as 2000-2010 goes, why create a Best Of that celebrates your least exciting era as a band? If U2 were to release a greatest hits compilation for Christmas, would it differ too much from U218? I suspect that City of Blinding Lights, Every Breaking Wave, and Invisible (though this one is a stretch) would make it in place of Sweetest Thing, Saints Are Coming, and Window in the Skies. U218 is a travesty anyway for only including two songs from the 90's. Even if you hate Pop and Zooropa with a passion, you can't deny at least Stay or Staring at the Sun a place on the disc.

We're in the middle of a tour and a new album is on the way. Not really the time for reminiscing about greatest hits. The future is still bright.
    i always thought that u218 had nothing to do with the best songs from any era, but rather a few new promo songs and the rest of the songs in order from their biggest hits..
  4. ??? We are way overdue for this album
  5. Lol
  6. Originally posted by iTim:Where is TheLedge? Two great posts in this thread. As far as 2000-2010 goes, why create a Best Of that celebrates your least exciting era as a band? If U2 were to release a greatest hits compilation for Christmas, would it differ too much from U218? I suspect that City of Blinding Lights, Every Breaking Wave, and Invisible (though this one is a stretch) would make it in place of Sweetest Thing, Saints Are Coming, and Window in the Skies. U218 is a travesty anyway for only including two songs from the 90's. Even if you hate Pop and Zooropa with a passion, you can't deny at least Stay or Staring at the Sun a place on the disc.

Wait... you got something against Window in the Skies?
  7. i guess that if they do a new compilation, will be Best of 2009-2019?

i miss too much the compilations "The Best of" and I was shocked that they did not carry on the idea of keeping a standard, casting a best of 2000-2010 for example, beautiful day and stuck in a moment did not fit into the best of 1990-2000 in my opinion. and U218 Singles was to take advantage of the success of HTDAAB and put some of his songs into a compilation. (celebrating 30th anniversary of band too, of course)

i don't imagine anything too different of this, maybe california (there is no end to love) or the troubles in place of raised by wolves, and summer of love or american soul in place of the blackout.

1. the miracle (of joey ramone) (i prefer other song, but is a single)
    2. magnificent
    3. ordinary love
    4. every breaking wave
    5. you're the best thing about me
    6. i'll go crazy if i don't go crazy tonight
    7. get on yours boots (i prefer other song, but is a single)
    8. invisible
    9. song for someone
    10. get out of your own way
    11. lights of home
    12. raised by wolves
    13. love is bigger than anything in its way
    14. moment of surrender
  8. We might actually get a compilation after the EI tour cycle finishes.
  9. I was just making a U2 playlist & for fun I thought to make a "Best of" compilation from HTDAAB to SOE, so that's 2004 - 2017 Here's what I came up with:

DISC 1
    1. Soon
    2. City of blinding lights
    3. Every breaking wave
    4. Red Flag Day
    5. Song for someone
    6. Moment of surrender
    7. Sometimes you can’t make it on your own
    8. Vertigo
    9. Mercy

DISC 2
    10. White as snow
    11. Summer of love
    12. Cedarwood Road
    13. Sleep like a baby tonight
    14. Magnificent
    15. Ordinary love
    16. Original of the species
    17. Love is bigger than anything in its way
    18. The little things that give you away
  10. What about "The miracle" or "I go crazy"?