1. im sorry but the ''fad'' of music and movies has gone downhill in this last decade, people have shitty taste imho
  2. Big Hero 6 was a strong slot for best animated picture. I was thinking either that one or How To Tame Your Dragon 2 as the front runners. People had expected Birdman to clean house and American Sniper to get shut out completely (to avoid political controversy). I'm glad Imitation Game got something, but I'm very surprised Selma didn't get anything except for the song.

I think people may have a fit over Selma not winning best picture though.
  3. Wow, 2 years in a row Mexicans win Best Director. I've been following Alejandro González Iñárritu since he was directing commercials in Mexico. His first film Amores Perros (I don't know why it was translated as "Life Is A Bitch" --nowhere close to the original title) is a masterpiece. Very happy for him and "Chivo" Lubezki.
  4. Golden Age of the Mexican films

I'm so happy for Julianne Moore, one of my all tiem favorite actresses (is that the word? lol)!
  5. Yes, since the 2000's production of Mexican films skyrocketed. Besides Cuarón and Iñárritu, there's Carlos Reygadas doing auteur's cinema, Amar Escalante winning in Cannes, Gabriel Ripstein in Berlin, etc.
    What pleases me the most is that most of them are doing universal movies, with themes that transcend their country of origin. Gravity, Birdman are movies for everyone.

I'm very happy for Moore, too, long overdue. I'm just sad Michael Keaton lost.
  6. All right!

As I have done in year's before, I will be update this thread with the winners.

Why? Because I want to.
  7. It was fun last year! Looking forward to seeing you here tonight.
  8. Going to be having a viewing party with some friends at my apartment. Given Chris Rock's Oscar Blackout post, I'm hoping for a very entertaining show in which many jimmies will be rustled.
  9. mad max is not the best film of the year and neither is leonardo's performance the best lead of the year. will be disappointed if they get the gongs