1. That's the same thought i've had after one listen, i just don't get it at all. Nice solo by the Edge, but it totally lost me
  2. Too weird? i LOVE bonos voice throughout!! OMG. the verses sound amazing. the chorus not so much. too many oohs' throughout the whole album.
  3. great song, fuking brilliant album.

4. Me 2 its not as 'rhythmic' as i remember. I think edges voice is also gone from a lot of it. Its mostly bono now in the verses. I loved the idea of everyone singing it tho.
  5. I don't think I can get with the chorus. Other than that I like it.
  6. wow! amazing this is so great!! love the chorus, edge´s solo is fantastic
  7. i love this song because it is so disjointed. the staccato ( i think this is the appropriate word) nature of the verses works perfectly, it's just nothing resembling a traditional melody. love the horns, love the organs, LOVE the guitar, everything. a masterpiece really totally out of left field
  8. Hated it at first but this song has really grown on me, still think its weird but i love it nonetheless

9. yeh most of the songs r growers.

10. I think the album version is not quite as good, the solo on the Beach Clip version is more distinct (yup even with the background noises), and the singing is better because it's just Bono doubletracked (i think).
    Not Edge + Bono like on the album, which means they're not perfectly in unison and some lyrics are sung a bit weirdly (restart and reboot yourself)

It's still one of the best songs on the album though, love the extended chorus and 'oh- oh oh oh' vocals
  11. Originally posted by vanquish:[..]

which means they're not perfectly in unison and some lyrics are sung a bit weirdly (restart and reboot yourself)

It's still one of the best songs on the album though, love the extended chorus and 'oh- oh oh oh' vocals

what's wrong with it being sung "weirdly"? I'd ask the same about not being in unison. Sometimes in art, things are fucked with intentionally to show said art in a different light. I'm glad U2 is still fucking with their music and their fans
  12. the thought of bono and the edge singing this live in concert significantly excites me