1. From an old post:

"2016 studio sessions:
    - From 12 April to 06 May at Sound Design Studios, Santa Barbara
    - From 01 June to 23 June at Sound Design Studios, Santa Barbara
    - From 11 July to 04 August at ? Studio, New York
    Recording finished on 30 July and final studio week until 04 August used for recording studio live versions

'Heroes' (a David Bowie cover) is one of the 5 live studio sessions

The band has recorded +/- 20 songs; 'Spirit' should be a 12 trk album

Dave Gahan has written 4 songs (1 with Martin Gore, 2 with Eigner/Gordeno, 1 with Kurt Uenala)

Producer: James Ford
    Programmer: Charles M. Duff aka Matrixxman
    Mastering: Brian Lucey (Magic Garden Mastering)
    Artwork: Anton Corbijn

Press conference visuals and probably more: Timothy Saccenti

'Global Spirit Tour' visuals: Anton Corbijn (1 week shoot in Miami)

First single: 'Revolution' or 'Where's The Revolution'
    Video by Anton Corbijn

Songs working titles:
    - Revolution
    - Worst Crime
    - Scum
    - Backwards
    - Poisoned Heart
    - Move (MG + DG)
    - Fail
    - Eternity
    - No More
    - Cover Me
  2. Alright. Looking forward to the hearing the entire album.
  3. Not crazy about this yet. But Depeche are known for obscure first single choices , and I love them for it haha.
  4. like it, hope it will be a great album like the one of Elbow
  5. I love this! Hope the album will have more songs like this. Last albumst weren't that enjoyable..
  6. it's a solid depeche mode tune, nothing outstanding. given the times we're in, this was the obvious single choice... am hoping for some more smashing tracks on the album though
  7. I thought Angel was pretty dope, last time around. i was thrilled that they teased Delta Machine with it. Then they chose Heaven which was good but so sooo slow for a first single. I kinde see the humor in their zere fucks attitude towards choosing a radio friendly single.

Delta machine on itself was pretty enjoyable live. No complaints honestly.
  8. "Depeche Mode paid tribute to Bowie at a special concert they recently recorded at New York City's High Line public park. They filmed the performance – which they did without an audience and which included several songs from Spirit – with just a drum machine and Gore on guitar, and they capped it with a cover of Bowie's "Heroes." "I was so moved, I barely held it together, to be honest," Gahan says. "Martin listened to 'Heroes' once it was mixed and randomly told me, 'Wow, that was really fucking good.' And I said, 'Yeah, it was, wasn't it?'"

Although Depeche Mode have not yet decided how they will release this film, Gahan is eager for people to see the whole thing and especially "Heroes."
  9. the video's out and I'm loving it
  10. It kinda reminds me of "Peace" from SOTU.