1. Broadcasts are shit quality nowadays so I disagree.

2. agree as for the subsequent bootleg disagree when the broadcasts are live coverage

3. Of course! I'd take a crappy 1000mikes phone stream like we had in Berlin 2009 if it means we're listening to it live, whatever the quality. I mean as a lasting memory of the show, nowadays broadcast are just sub-par when compared to 80s and 90s ones. Couldn't say why
  4. I love any broadcast so I disagree!

5. Pff, compare 1993-08-28 to any of the post-Popmart broadcasts (specially the most recent ones like Sheffield, Johannesbourg, etc) and hear the difference. Nowadays broadcasts are much more compressed, less "wide", less defined. Don't know why but I'm not the only one saying this. A friend of mine says they do it like that on purpose so people aren't satisfied with that sound and choose to buy official live releases instead... Doesn't make much sense but hey.
  6. I know, but it's better than some of the relatively poor audience recordings that exist! Imagine if we had a broadcast to cover some of the shows that don't have a recording circulating.. Better than nothing! And with broadcasts and audience recordings matrices come into the picture.. Possibilities are endless!
  7. Originally posted by dylbagz:I know, but it's better than some of the relatively poor audience recordings that exist! Imagine if we had a broadcast to cover some of the shows that don't have a recording circulating.. Better than nothing! And with broadcasts and audience recordings matrices come into the picture.. Possibilities are endless!

Of course! And a poor broadcast is still better than a poor audience recording
    The difference is that back in the day, a great broadcast was the best possible recording of a show (aka Point Depot, Dublin 93, etc)... But nowadays, the "best" broadcasts ain't that great anymore, and are widely surpassed by many superb audience recordings.
  8. Definitely. I swear that a local radio station over here broadcast about four songs from one of the 360 shows in Brisbane. I distinctly remember listening on the radio to Magnificent where Bono said 'where we going tonight (or whatever), Brisbane!'