1. Someone on Reddit is saying they changed the vocal arrangement in Ultraviolet and a chorus part now comes in 2 bars earlier than it did on the 1991 mix, where two bars of "ooh"s existed before the "Ultraviolet" line

I would love to hear this. Is there any way to share that song?
  2. To my ears, it sounds like this mixing mistake was also fixed.

Or maybe it's just smoothed out.... Either way, nothing sounds obvious where the mistake was in the original release.
  3. It's difficult because the original mix has mistakes but we just accept them as part of the album tapestry. Think Larry's dropped drumstick during UV. Especially on AB where studio trickery is employed.
  4. Yeah on one hand I don't necessarily agree with revisionist stuff like changing the vocal take / mix in UV at the part I referenced - which I still haven't even heard, so its hard to have a concrete opinion on - and still releasing it as an official release of Achtung Baby and not some sort of remix.

On the other hand, I welcome the opportunity to hear a U2 song arranged in the way it was 'supposed to be heard'

Who was in charge of the actual Atmos project that had access to the original tapes? Does Dolby hire engineers and then pursue the rights to the albums? Does anyone from the credits of Achtung Baby sit in on the sessions? No idea how any of this works and super curious given the apparent changes.

Are there other instances of this that anyone can think of? Remasters / later releases where other artists have 'corrected' things other than just remastering the original release? Would be fascinated to learn.
  5. Wow. I can’t say I’ve ever really paid attention to Atmos and Spatial Audio on Apple before, but the mix of AB is cool. Definitely distinct to the “original” mix or remaster. Will be spending some time with this.
  6. Edge was in personal contact with one of the producers. There a pic floating around.
  7. Great to know
  8. Is it up in PST zone yet? I don't know where to look
  9. Does anyone know how many remasters there are of Achtung Baby?

The original, then 2011 Deluxe, 2018, 2021 and 2024 Atmos. Did I forget one? Fivefold utilization. Puh!
  10. Originally posted by felix2:Does anyone know how many remasters there are of Achtung Baby?

The original, then 2011 Deluxe, 2018, 2021 and 2024 Atmos. Did I forget one? Fivefold utilization. Puh!
    The 2021 release included the 2018 remaster, right?
  11. Loving the atmos mix. Anyone know if I can actually buy it and download as flac files? Or is it exclusive to streaming services?
  12. Originally posted by MattG:Yeah on one hand I don't necessarily agree with revisionist stuff like changing the vocal take / mix in UV at the part I referenced - which I still haven't even heard, so its hard to have a concrete opinion on - and still releasing it as an official release of Achtung Baby and not some sort of remix.

and, just getting around to reading u2songs...

It’s replaced the normal version of Achtung Baby on Apple Music, and isn’t labeled as anything special when you search.

seems weird to me!