1. This is a documentary made by Granada TV in 1987 featuring footage from the 1st night at Croke Park, Dublin. 1987-06-27.

World in Action was a weekly political programme. This edition is about U2 and their audiance and focuses on the problems Dublin was experiencing in the mid 80’s mainly unemployment and drugs.

The interviews with Bono, Edge and Bob Geldof are interesting but the other ints and commentry are pretty boring and out of date, in fact some of it is embarrassing.

However the live footage is excellent, none of the songs are complete (about 80%), this is the largest amount of live footage broadcast on tv from the Joshua Tree tour.

Running time 52 mins 36 secs. Cover included.

Lineage:
    Master betamax>Panasonic standalone XP mode>DVD Decrypter>TMPGEnc menu & chapters included > AVI (imTOO DVD ripper, bitrate 1600, audio bitrate 192)

Screenshots from the AVI files (taken with VLC player, bad quality):

Video preview:

Download, Rapidshare: (parts are exactly 100 MB, except for the last one)

http://www.u2start.com/video/76

Enjoy!
  2. Watch that crowd bounce when Streets kicks in. Awe. Great upload
  3. "Good Lord, it's Bono!" hahaha
  4. hi all, does anyone has it on dvd?
    Master betamax>Panasonic standalone XP mode>DVD Decrypter>TMPGEnc menu & chapters included
    but not in avi...
    thanks

and also looking after
    U2 Wide Awake in Dublin, June 1985 DVD

This is a fascinating programme following U2 and their roadcrew as they prepare for their homecoming concert at Croke Park, Dublin on 29th June 1985.

Below is a detailed description of the contents by chapter

-Setting up the stage and drying out from Milton Keynes
    (Adam & roadies discuss tech details while drying out equipment from the previous weeks show at Milton Keynes)

-Sound with Joe O’ Herlihy
    (Joe gives us a tour of the mixing console and explains how it works)

-Rehearsing Sunday Bloody Sunday
    (Edge, Adam & Larry rehearse SBS without Bono)

-Lighting with Willie Williams
    (Willie Williams & his lighting crew practice for the show)

-Tuning up
    (Larry tunes his drum kit and the rest of the band arrive for more rehearsals)

-The Unforgettable Fire & MLK Peace exhibition
    (The band attend the exhibitions in Dublin on the eve of the show, int with Bono and footage of the exhibition)

-Madison Sqaure Gardens 01 April 1985
    (RTE News report on U2 ‘s 1st MSG show where they announce details of the Croke Park show, also includes small clip of SBS live from MSG)

-Day of the concert
    (Footage from inside and around Croke Park in the final hours before the concert)

-I will follow from concert

-Paul McGuinness & 40
    (Quick interview with Paul McGuinness + end of the concert)

PAL
    1st gen vhs>Panasonic standalone XP mode>DVD Decrypter>TMPGEnc menu & chapters included
    Running time 46 mins 56 secs
    Broadcast by RTE on 17th December 1985
    Parts of the promotional videos for Bad & U Fire were included in this programme which i have removed
    Again this is taken from an old vhs tape so don’t expect perfect picture, i would give it an honest 8.5/10, picture improve as show progresses.

http://homepage.nhvt.net/fletcher/info/wide%20awake%2085.html
  5. I didnt see this ever ... nice version of Streets in that video !
  6. Ok, I'm late as always but...
    Does anyone still have this on DVD (menu, etc) ?
    I get an error from the Link posted originaly.

Thanks!
  7. i'm really sorry, i cant make torrents, does someone has a direct link for dvd please?
  8. Not me sorry.