1. Wonder how long their set will be... 60 minutes? 90 minutes? Double bill?
    Looking forward to it! Kiss-kiss

2. Must have improved over the years. At Popmart in Dublin the VIPs were coming out to queue up for raw chips and raw burgers with the rest of us so the backstage offerings can't have been great back then
  3. Originally posted by treasure:[..]

Must have improved over the years. At Popmart in Dublin the VIPs were coming out to queue up for raw chips and raw burgers with the rest of us so the backstage offerings can't have been great back then
    They were just unhappy with the miniature bread.
  4. 40-50 mins as usual support I guess...
  5. Back to the music...

6. That was just awful.
  7. song is nice and I don't expect great lyrics by Liam. Not even Noel is excellent lyricist...
  8. That's quite the step down from Wall of Glass.
  9. Not great britain lyrics ?

Well the cops are taking over
    while everyone's in yoga
    Cause happiness is still a warm gun
    What's it to be free man?
    What's a European?
    Me I just believe in the sun
    (or Sun? )

Take me down to the streets of Chinatown
    Show me that you know some places
    God told me, live a life of luxury
    All our lives we've both been waiting

I think it is one of the funniest lyrics I've heard in a while, actually. Read out plain it is hard not to
    take it ironically ("Me I just believe in the Sun" and "God told me, live a life of luxury").

What makes it complicated is that in the video, after the above displayed part has been sung,
    the camera moves to wall that depicts a graffiti piece that reads "We stand United with Manchester."
    That's not funny... ...and I'm not sure anymore what the message of the video is supposed be...
    Makes a bit uncomfortable really...

But artistically such a thing is great. If a piece makes you uncanny and reflect on different possibilities
    and multiple layers of meaning, it is a certain quality and merit of art, c.q., "work of art."

And although I think that hardly any intellectual in Britain - or on the continent - is likely to take any
    notice of Liam Gallagher, I dare to say that this "Chinatown" video is artistically quite smart.
    Easy to dismiss though...very easy in fact. Perhaps that's what makes it even better, artistically speaking.

Liam's voice is still great btw