1. The book is a fantastic reference for all the covers that did not make it to the finished print process. Lots of variations and layouts. Scrapped or shelved box sets etc. I was lucky to get Steve to sign a copy at an exhibition i attended. One day i hope U2 will not only release all of this but accompany it with demos and shelved songs. It seems the way other bands are doing things now to shift album sales. Maybe we will see all of this under one umbrella as a stand alone box set!!!
  2. These are from my collection. Alternative covers that were for the album that did see the light of day!
  3. Originally posted by cesar_garza01:[..]
    You mean to release the 1996 version of Pop? That would be awesome. I don't agree with the re-recording or the "it was unfinished". If anything, Pop started the period of overthinking and over producing albums. The cool version of Playboy Mansion from the leaked Hong Kong mixes in 1996 sounded awesome, and by the time they recorded the song it lost a lot.
    If they don't want to play those songs live again, at least release something for its 20th anniversary damn it,they re-re-release JT again this year.

do you have this? the hong kong mixes?
  4. I was just reading the history of U2's releases and had a thought. Back in '97 it seemed very much the norm to release an album and tour (and to some extent it still is that way) but what if U2 had started PopMart and released Pop when it was ready?

I remember when Beyoncé performed at the Super Bowl I thought "she definitely has a new album" but she didn't. That night after the half time show, they announced the Mrs. Carter World Tour and no new album until she surprise released BEYONCÉ the following December.

I wonder what U2 would think of Pop if they started the tour and released the album when it was ready? Maybe Discotheque would have been a single? Maybe we would have gotten more Zooropa and perhaps some Passengers in the set?

5. This is an absolute revelation for me ! I have never seen or heard this before.

Sounding & looking great, cranking up the irony, who produced the video ?

Thanks so much for sharing.

BTW Popmart was great in Europe in 97.