1. Originally posted by deanallison:[..]
    I agree the tour as a whole certainly was underwhelming or is widely regarded that way. However, I think eventually there was some amazing performances and the show itself became pretty amazing.
    A lot of the European dates did quite well crowd wise and seemed to bring out the best from them. The songs played from the album were done to a great standard too, again getting better with time. I'd also say the best shows from the Popmart tour live up to the best shows from other tours obviously depends on your view of the album they're touring as that will feature heavily but performance wise right up there.
    agreed. my favorite tour.
  2. wow i would love to find this 1996 album.
  3. Taken from the album release timeline courtesy of U2Start :

Though the band settled on the album name Pop, many working names and proposed titles for the album, including Discola, Miami, Mi@mi, Novelty Act, Super City Man, YOU2 and Godzilla, went as far as having artwork made for them.

This was something I didn't know. How cool would it be to see those album covers in an anniversary box set?

C'mon, U2
  4. Originally posted by RattleandHum1988:Taken from the album release timeline courtesy of U2Start :

[..]

This was something I didn't know. How cool would it be to see those album covers in an anniversary box set?

C'mon, U2
    Still hoping for a 25 years celebration with a new release
  5. Originally posted by RattleandHum1988:Taken from the album release timeline courtesy of U2Start :

[..]

C'mon, U2

I have a book here in my collection that was published by U2's design team. In it there are features and many examples of alternative POP album covers...

6. This is the book... A fantastic addition tot he book collection at home.
  7. Originally posted by RattleandHum1988:Taken from the album release timeline courtesy of U2Start :

[..]

C'mon, U2
    There are some tentative covers for the Godzilla album on the web. Let me find them.

8. They come from the artist that always designs their covers, I forgot his name.
  9. Steve Averill