1. Really would have been nice if they had rotated ASOH with the title track this tour (as opposed to rotating it with the epic Bad - or, of course, dropping it altogether).
  2. I brought it on vinyl after watching Live Aid as a 9 year old... liked Pride but was disappointed with the rest as Bad wasn't as good as it was at the weekend at Wembley and WTF was 4th July and Promenade all about. As my tastes matured got to love it more and more and it's always been up there as one of my favs (shame there's only 7 proper songs though ?)
  3. Pride/Bad being the only staple off this album...i wish they played The Unforgettable Fire on the last tour. A forgotten album in a way.
  4. A very good album, but only 7 great to good songs. Pride I have heard to much, TUF is difficult to sing for Bono nowadays, TUF deserves a ultimate version with a orchestra.
    Wire and Indian Summer sky should be played more often. And BAD together with ASOH sould be a combo every show, would be epic.
  5. Originally posted by CMIPalaeo:I never much cared for TUF as an album, but recently it's grown a lot on me. I appreciate how experimental it was - the Zooropa of the 80s, in a way.

I think in the same way, but TUF is probably even more "alien".
    I mean, Zooropa is a cleary prosecution of AB's sounds and ideas. TUF has nothing in common with both War and TJT.
    That's why I think it's their "real" masterpiece, although I love AB with all myself.
  6. TUF has been a more "challenging" album considering the fact that they were 24 y.o..maybe Too forefront For that time.something new something really different from the rest of the "rock" bands of the first 80s
    It's an album that made the People think that maybe U2 were Too serious.
    B.t.w. Best album For me.
  7. Originally posted by RUMMY:[..]
    Really would have been nice if they had rotated ASOH with the title track this tour (as opposed to rotating it with the epic Bad - or, of course, dropping it altogether).

ASOH is pure perfection,it would have been nice to hear it
  8. I like how I post, "great album" and the thread sparks up for a bit like it
  9. The Unforgettable Fire for me is almost another u2 masterpiece. In relation to other artists it still is a masterpiece but I don't think it's as strong throughout mainly due to Elvis Presley and America which I don't like and 4th of July which is an ok piece of instrumental work but not u2 album worthy for me. Indian Summer Sky I think is decent and if that was my least favourite on the album then I'd be very happy with it as the other 7 are all good - great, Bad and Unforgettable Fire are amongst my favourite u2 songs. If you swapped the first 2 I mentioned for 2 8 or 9/10 songs it would be my 2nd or 3rd favourite album.
  10. ASOH was never one of my favourites, always thought of it as quite cliched

Did not hear it on any of my 4 gigs but it would have been nice to hear it live again.

TUF is a great album though, I remember getting it on the day of release and how much of a departure it was, it set the template of what was to come and the heights U2 have reached.
  11. ASOH is such a great track. Easily my favourite TUF track.