1. The only songs on TUF that I don't like are 4th Of July (what's to like?) and Elvis Presley & America. I think everything else is glorious.

Especially Wire and Promenade.
  2. The best song on the album is probably Promenade, then Bad (Bad would be better if it was more varied).

TUF also could have been amazing but the middle of the song is a bit of a letdown, especially compared to the intro and the first two verses which are amazing.

But Promenade is perfect, I could not imagine it being any better than it is. I love how Bono's vivid lyrics, with his his nuanced, passionate singing and Edge's delicate, ephemeral guitar combine to create a song that captures a moment and takes you to a time and place.

It along with TUF still sound completely unlike anything else I have ever heard.
  3. Originally posted by Droo:The only songs on TUF that I don't like are 4th Of July (what's to like?) and Elvis Presley & America. I think everything else is glorious.

I agree that those two songs are slight let downs... but the others are amazing

4. Good Album, not the best U2 Album
    Unforgettable Fire is good but live much better.
    Its the same like the Song Bad
    I like the Song Wire
    My English not so good.
    Sorry for this
  5. Originally posted by mike02:
    Good Album, not the best U2 Album
    Unforgettable Fire is good but live much better.
    Its the same like the Song Bad
    I like the Song Wire
    My English not so good.
    Sorry for this

It was great English, much better than my German

and Bad Live is just epic
  6. Originally posted by vanquish:The best song on the album is probably Promenade, then Bad (Bad would be better if it was more varied).

TUF also could have been amazing but the middle of the song is a bit of a letdown, especially compared to the intro and the first two verses which are amazing.

But Promenade is perfect, I could not imagine it being any better than it is. I love how Bono's vivid lyrics, with his his nuanced, passionate singing and Edge's delicate, ephemeral guitar combine to create a song that captures a moment and takes you to a time and place.

It along with TUF still sound completely unlike anything else I have ever heard.

I think this is enough said on Promenade,I share the same opinion.Promenade is unreachable.But I think what makes the whole album so glorius is A Sort Of Homecoming.That song is one of my all time favourites.It's every positive adjective that exists.It's incredible.

And also in terms of album making,Unforgettable Fire is a cornerstone for U2.It's a complete and concrete work.Along with AB and JT,it's at the top.
  7. For me it is AB, JT and then TUF.
  8. Happy 4th of July you all!

9. Sorry my friends, but this day is very sad for me, my grandfather died exactly 7 years ago today and I pray for him that he feels very good in heaven.

And I remember this song for him and I have memories that we burning tree rests every year in spring and in fall and I dedicated this song for him he and was a really strong and very-very good man and I liked him very much.

R.I.P.
  10. I feel your pain Jimmy Next month, on August 8th (Edge's Bday) it will be the first anniversary of my beloved grandma passing away too. Cheer up dude, he's now resting, Walk On. Hugs!
  11. 31 years today!