1. What sources? They're certainly having a hard time - I guess this much we can infer from the time it's taking to make the album. But this we already knew?
  2. What sources? They're certainly having a hard time - I guess this much we can infer from the time it's taking to make the album. But this we already knew?

Sources means nothing, usually. It's like me saying 'Well someone I know, can't reveal a name or where they're from, says this about you'.

Reminds me of a place where I worked once where I was asked to stop texting on my phone due to it being during work time. Never mind I was on a break at my own work station - and the supervisor said 'Someone has complained about your use of text messaging during work'. I said 'Who said it?' and he said 'I cannot reveal that due to several factors'. My answer: 'Then your so-called request is void'.

And...it's from the Daily Star. You'd be better off reading toilet paper advertising material.

Indeed, this seems pure wild speculation. We don't really know. I remember rumours that Bowie was nearly dead in the late 00's. When people don't know, especially journalists, they just make it up. Yes, they might be splitting. And they might also be about to announce a tour. We just have no clue!

This is like my own thoughts from 2004 onwards with HTDAAB, hearing the 'safe' sound and thinking 'oh god they've gone so safe and catering to the mainstream, where's the experimentation and the so-called risks'. Then they come out with No Line and I was proven wrong with songs like Fez, MoS, Cedars, White As Snow, Unknown Caller, Boots and so on...

..just as journalists are. An album will come, what it's like nobody knows. Just hope it's worth the wait. They could announce the album next week for all we know. If you can't come up with a real story, just use tidbits from other 'sources' and you can have an article in a moment.
  3. You gotta admit though they are on the wane,Invisible isnt great,a good album track maybe,i do like Ordinary Love alot though.The last album was so-so and maybe their last chance at holding onto this "best band in the world" tag,for me it was far too gentle,some good songs just no really great ones.But hey its 2014 and U2 are pretty much dad rock now anyway,i'll always love them but their best imo is not ahead.I hope i'm wrong.
  4. A solo Bono album hahahaha...... Yeah, he sure will make time for that.

Bullshit rumours.
  5. Bullshit bandwagon tabloid speculation. Like the saying goes 'paper has never refused ink'. Every halfwit with a laptop is putting their own spin on the same shite. It's seriously tiresome at this stage. Bono and the lads will be loving the fact that they are being written off.
  6. Not sure if I would be interested in a solo Bono album, doesn't appeal to me
  7. I don't think Bono can function without the band, and he knows it.
  8. I do not know if this has already been discussed here before or not ... but every time I hear INVISIBLE, I think that is an indirect to all those who talk about the band, about its (ir) relevance or do criticize his lack of presence. Think about that.

I honestly think that song was an indirect camouflaged by the situation.
  9. I don't know if it's just the fact that the rumors that the album has been delayed, but hearing Invisible now leaves a sour taste in my mouth D: probably just me overthinking it though...
  10. Why bother? Someday a new U2 album will arrive.
  11. Originally posted by Genaro92U2:I don't know if it's just the fact that the rumors that the album has been delayed, but hearing Invisible now leaves a sour taste in my mouth D: probably just me overthinking it though...

Jesus, you're definitely overthinking it there man. It's a new U2 song and in my opinion it's great, just be able to enjoy it as a piece of new music, and as a new U2 song.