1. Oh crazy, I had never heard he was that good.
  2. We have to check that. Beating a club champion is not a big deal. Beating a master certified by FIDE (ELO 2300)? That would be impressive.
    If by "world champion" you mean "International Master" (ELO 2400) I'd say no way for an amateur.
  3. Originally posted by cesar_garza01:We have to check that. Beating a club champion is not a big deal. Beating a master certified by FIDE (ELO 2300)? That would be impressive.
    If by "world champion" you mean "International Master" (ELO 2400) I'd say no way for an amateur.
    Dropping some major knowledge right there
  4. Like Bono, I spent many hours studying chess. Studying the game yourself can only get you so far. Even if you are a prodigy, nowadays FIDE masters are prodigies and train their butts off on openings, variations, end games, etc.
    I think Bono was a chess enthusiast with talent for the game and that was it. Like I said, we really need an actual quote on this.
  5. Originally posted by cesar_garza01:[..]
    Like Bono, I spent many hours studying chess. Studying the game yourself can only get you so far. Even if you are a prodigy, nowadays FIDE masters are prodigies and train their butts off on openings, variations, end games, etc.
    I think Bono was a chess enthusiast with talent for the game and that was it. Like I said, we really need an actual quote on this.
    Who cares? Seriously how much time do you guys have?
  6. And yet you cared enough to reply to me. Someone brought this up and I offered more info. It's simple: you can skip the threads you're not interested in.
  7. Originally posted by cesar_garza01:[..]
    And yet you cared enough to reply to me. Someone brought this up and I offered more info. It's simple: you can skip the threads you're not interested in.
    ^^^^
    The info is appreciated Ceasar
  8. ^^
  9. Originally posted by cesar_garza01:[..]
    And yet you cared enough to reply to me. Someone brought this up and I offered more info. It's simple: you can skip the threads you're not interested in.

I find tidbits like your chess info more interesting than the majority of the new album, so keep it up!
  10. Originally posted by cesar_garza01:[..]
    This thread is latest news not chess. Please stay on the topic.