1. Originally posted by SJKamal:I've taken a punt and purchased a category B (good) 5th gen iPod for £85 including delivery. Will see what condition it actually arrives in. I'm after a box now. Not bothered whether it's an original or not.
    Decent price if it’s in that condition. I don’t see empty boxes pop up often. But if I see one I’ll let you know….
  2. You're getting greedy asking for the box. We all have unicorns but.....
  3. Doesn't have to be an original box. Happy enough if there's a Chinese company making replica's etc.
  4. I do have a spare U2 ipod. I works fine if connected to power, the battery is dead, I think. Maybe it can be replaced?
    Anyone interested? I would sell it for € 30 plus pp.
  5. Originally posted by Papo:I do have a spare U2 ipod. I works fine if connected to power, the battery is dead, I think. Maybe it can be replaced?
    Anyone interested? I would sell it for € 30 plus pp.
    What's the generation and colour? Assume you have the box?
  6. Sorry, I don't have the box....it is black with a red wheel. How can I find out which generation it is?
  7. Originally posted by Papo:Sorry, I don't have the box....it is black with a red wheel. How can I find out which generation it is?
  8. There was a pawn shop that had a used U2 iPOD about ten years ago about 30 minutes from where I live. The salesperson told me that the guts were bad and that is why it was sold to the store and priced to clear.

I bought and brought it to one of those Tech repair stores and luckily the tech was willing take on the project. He found the specs and put in a similar make and model guts and it worked well.

So I have a U2 iPod with non-original parts but no one would ever know unless it was opened up.

This can be done.
  9. got 3 u2-iPods, one framed ,one is complete dead, and one just lying in draw only one came with a box and standing between other collectibles
    here in the NL they go for jackpot if they are selling the item