1. This is how we did it in the days before CD's and the internet...
  2. Originally posted by daymo1202:[..]
    It was a cool time to be a fan back in the 1980s. Camden Market in London had some serious sellers and traders. O' Connell Street in Dublin was the place you could get the bootlegs here in Ireland. Other independent record stores had some bootlegs behind the counter.

I had a great collection myself but so much went missing when I moved to New York. I wish I still had the 13 June 1987 show, the copy I had sounded fantastic. The others are right about the typos, they were legendary.

What was the name of that shop on O'Connell Street? I've read about it, but I think it had shuttered by the time I made it there in '96...
  3. There used to be a guy with a briefcase full of cassettes on O'Connell Bridge. He'd do a runner when he saw the guards coming. Rhythm Records became my No1 spot once CDs came along. Then the 'Inter Net' came along and ruined the world...
  4. Originally posted by Anam:There used to be a guy with a briefcase full of cassettes on O'Connell Bridge. He'd do a runner when he saw the guards coming. Rhythm Records became my No1 spot once CDs came along. Then the 'Inter Net' came along and ruined the world...
    I miss those days before the world got lazy.

Hunting for treasure made finding it so much more satisfying...
  5. Originally posted by Anam:There used to be a guy with a briefcase full of cassettes on O'Connell Bridge. He'd do a runner when he saw the guards coming. Rhythm Records became my No1 spot once CDs came along. Then the 'Inter Net' came along and ruined the world...
    You're right, the guards were usually on the prowl. Although some guys had some great U2 shows, at the time we figured they were popping over to London via the ferry (from Dun Laoghaire I think), during the week and bringing back the booty for the following weekend. It was all cloak and dagger stuff lol

Some went further and printed up some really unique U2 T-shirts but the quality wasn't really the best. At least not by U2's own standards. I believe the whole scene was over by about 1990-1. Last shows we picked up were the Point Depot series of shows in 1989.
  6. Originally posted by blueeyedboy:[..]

What was the name of that shop on O'Connell Street? I've read about it, but I think it had shuttered by the time I made it there in '96...
    I can't recall any record store where we purchased along O' Connell Street.
  7. Maybe it wasnt o'connell st. Temple bar, maybe?
  8. This place looks awesome! Maybe my memory fails me, but I seem to remember it being an upstairs 2nd story shop. Anyway... just an exercise in futility now anyway... thanks for sharing that link, though! I'll be sure to check out on my planned 2019 visit!