1. HAHAHAAHHAHA
  2. Is sounds similar to the Hershey Tapes and Bono's solo performance from the From The Sky Down movie... Well done Harry I specially like that you do the F#m just before the final "oooh sweetheart" in every chorus (and not just the C#m on the final chorus, as on the album version), it gives a particular feeling to them.

3. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]
    Is sounds similar to the Hershey Tapes and Bono's solo performance from the From The Sky Down movie... Well done Harry I specially like that you do the F#m just before the final "oooh sweetheart" in every chorus (and not just the C#m on the final chorus, as on the album version), it gives a particular feeling to them.

Cheers guys! was inspired by the Sky Down version. I'd love to record a full version (along with so much other musical stuff I have in mind!), but as Edge has oft said - the best songs are the ones you can strip down to the bare bones and still do the same thing. That and I don't have the means to do anything. Anywho, always feel this is a thread to keep ticking over, along with all the rest!
  4. Just a quick cross-thread from the guitar topic, Harry: do you have all/most of your guitars tuned down to Eb? I guess you used it for this So Cruel version since it's in Ab major instead of the album's A major. I find Edge's tuning very convenient on some guitars but not so much on others, that tiny bit of extra tension on the strings really makes a difference depending on the string gauge. (aka it doesn't sound quite right with very thin strings like those I use in my Strat but it definitely fits my acoustic's thicker strings).
  5. Originally posted by LikeASong:Just a quick cross-thread from the guitar topic, Harry: do you have all/most of your guitars tuned down to Eb? I guess you used it for this So Cruel version since it's in Ab major instead of the album's A major. I find Edge's tuning very convenient on some guitars but not so much on others, that tiny bit of extra tension on the strings really makes a difference depending on the string gauge. (aka it doesn't sound quite right with very thin strings like those I use in my Strat but it definitely fits my acoustic's thicker strings).
    I mix and match, but on the whole I have them tuned to E standard (although saying that, I've currently got the Explorer in drop D).

I used a capo on the 1st fret for SC (i.e. playing in Ab using G/D/C shapes etc.) to get the ringing from the open strings. Truth be told, it's probably somewhere between A and Ab because I didn't have the guitar properly tuned - the strings were in tune with each other but I think it was slightly too sharp for E standard..

I spend half my life trying to find the right key to fit songs to my voice, but it's also a bit annoying because I don't want to / feel able to sing at full volume as live in a flat in a quiet part of London these days and don't want to p**s off the neighbours downstairs!

Moral of the story - must get into a recording studio! Or a karaoke bar...
  6. Hahaha lol. I suspected you could be using a capo but didnt notice the slight out-of-tunining - my guitar was probably out if tune too when I played over your recording, ha!

PS. F**k the neighbours!!!
  7. The Gaslight Anthem t-shirt? Ha! We got a Gaslight thread as well The Gaslight Anthem Nice cover, I like your vocalization and different vocal melodies!

Here's mine. Being a long term fan I suspect you will enjoy the solo

8. Very nice !! When I play it I feel like Edge left out a chord change in the chorus (you know the bit where you hold the first chord for 2 lines ?) Yes a nice surprise in the solo