1. Originally posted by bartajax:[..]

After the 1-0 some idiot supporters on the Ajax side (2 sides in the cup final since its in the Feyenoord stadium) threw fireworks on the field, which lead to a 30 minute break.

After that it was just weird, don't even know how to explain it. 4 goals in 30 minutes indeed, just pathetic.

I'm hoping for Liverpool too, please not Chelsea. And Liverpool just are cool, Suarez but most of all Gerard deserves a title.

unbelievable

and i want Liverpool champion too
  2. Originally posted by bartajax:After the 1-0 some idiot supporters on the Ajax side (2 sides in the cup final since its in the Feyenoord stadium) threw fireworks on the field, which lead to a 30 minute break.

It was The Guardian's sport picture of the day yesterday:

3. Idiots, just idiots. It was even so stupid that they threw it at their own keeper. Its bad when you throw it, but these people are just so stupid and don't give a f.. about Ajax or football they just use Ajax to do things like this. Pathetic
  4. Lamela hasn't played in 2014 I don't think.
  5. David Moyes has been sacked. Ryan Giggs takes charge until a replacement is appointed.
  6. Tim, you agree with the rumours that van Gaal is the primary candidate to replace him after the summer?
    Although he is an idiot who can't deal with media he is a fine trainer/coach.
  7. damn it, i was hoping LVG would come to Spurs, now Utd are gonna be sniffing around.

Hopefully he fancies doing another AZ with Spurs.
  8. How do you like Eriksen btw Andrew?
  9. van Gaal does seem to be the favourite, he is a top coach for sure, but perhaps not my first choice. Whilst I don't agree with the manner in which it has all unfolded, I think the call may be the right one. I don't care how bad the team is compared to our rivals, I can't understand how the champions can be sitting in seventh and be playing so poorly. Moyes should've embarked on the rebuilding process as soon as he came in, instead, he and Woodward failed to deliver in the transfer market and the squad remained unchanged. A poor start to the season cost him any chance of showing the players and the fans that he was capable of following in Ferguson's footsteps. There's been few moments of hope this season, but they have done nothing to really help Moyes. He had regular vocal support from the fans inside Old Trafford, but was it for his backing or his defence? I was prepared to stand by him and expected him to last another year as he builds a squad of his own players. Clearly the board don't trust him to spend the money this summer and don't want to miss out on European football for a second season.

Of course, the blame doesn't lie solely at the door of Moyes. Ferguson chose him as his successor and as good as he was, we know he didn't always make the right call. The player's lack of desire and their poor performances this season has been embarrassing. The manager can only do so much, players not pulling their weight doesn't help. They should be held just as accountable for the disaster of this season and very few of them have had the guts to stand up in the press and accept some responsibility, Mata has been one of those players.

I'd like to see Klopp take charge, but as favourable as he might be with bookmakers, the press are reporting he doesn't want it. So I can't really see anyone other than van Gaal getting it. But whoever it is that comes in, he has a lot of work to do. Vidic is already joining Inter, Ferdinand and Evra might also be leaving in the summer, and many more players may be sold leaving a lot of gaps to fill. I'd love to see Luke Shaw signed at left back, we definitely need a new central midfielder and a commanding centre back to replace Vidic as the absolute minimum. Of course, signing top players in these positions will take a large chunk of the budget. I think with a stronger core and a more authoritative manager, we could make top four again next season. Then build on from that.