1. The Edge and Bono have surprisingly similar voice and pitches when The Edge sings in low range, without harmonizing and of course without doing falsetto), many many fans don't know that Edge actually sings at the start of Seconds or the "beneath the noise" verse in Miracle Drug.
  2. also, when I let people here Van Diemen's Land they go like 'what, this is not a U2 song!'
  3. Edge does sound simmilair on Seconds. Its almost scary how much.

If I recall right, didn't he have reservations about singing it?
  4. Originally posted by wtshnnfb01:Edge does sound simmilair on Seconds. Its almost scary how much.

If I recall right, didn't he have reservations about singing it?

I think so. I think Bono had to persuade him but it was a good move

Seconds would have been perfect on Vertigo, and their doing the atomic bomb, they want you to sing along.

When I look at the tracklisting for War I always think about how 90 percent of the album just doesn't get played! Drowning Man got soooo close. D: Two Hearts could probably work but they've showed no interest in that song or the album other than SBS and NYD. -______-
  5. Originally posted by Genaro92U2:[..]

I think so. I think Bono had to persuade him but it was a good move

Seconds would have been perfect on Vertigo, and their doing the atomic bomb, they want you to sing along.

When I look at the tracklisting for War I always think about how 90 percent of the album just doesn't get played! Drowning Man got soooo close. D: Two Hearts could probably work but they've showed no interest in that song or the album other than SBS and NYD. -______-

Like A Song Would Be Sweet.
  6. If Bono wasn't such a great entertainer, Edge would've probably been lead singer when U2 started imo...

But euhm... Who knows Adam Clayton has sung too ?
    On "Endless Deep" (B-side from Two Hearts Beat As One)
    And then there's "Your Blue Room" ofcourse
  7. Yeah and he does sing on the UABRS DVD too
  8. Happy 40th anniversary to War

9. Still have my original vinyl and find it incredible that I've been listening to this album and following this band for 40 years. Back then, 40 years ago was in the middle of WW2 and that seemed like an eternity ago. Maybe 40 years still is.
  10. Originally posted by Sydney_MIke:Still have my original vinyl and find it incredible that I've been listening to this album and following this band for 40 years. Back then, 40 years ago was in the middle of WW2 and that seemed like an eternity ago. Maybe 40 years still is.
    Wow that really helps putting things into perspective Here's to 40 more years of for you though
  11. Originally posted by Sydney_MIke:Still have my original vinyl and find it incredible that I've been listening to this album and following this band for 40 years. Back then, 40 years ago was in the middle of WW2 and that seemed like an eternity ago. Maybe 40 years still is.
    WW2 finished in 1945 according to the books i've read
  12. And according to the meaning of "in the middle of", 1943 is exactly what Mike said.