1. The final album of U2's early period, before the group broadened its sonic palette and lyrical vision, War is a brilliantly conflicted album, sounding martial and majestic while its very purpose is to tear down false idols propped up by politics

Here is the track list:

1. Sunday Bloody Sunday
    2. Seconds
    3. New Year's Day
    4. Like A Song...
    5. Drowning Man
    6. The Refugee
    7. Two Hearts Beat As One
    8. Red Light
    9. Surrender
    10. '40'

My Most Favorite Song : pretty much all the songs

My Least Favorite Song : Red Light

SO what do you think of this album?
  2. Great album but it's not very ''u2 ish''. Red Light's intro sounds like the Stones to me
  3. Red Light is a good tune but the coconut intro kind of puts you off. But the rest of the songs aren't bad.
  4. Maybe one of the best songs of the album is Surrender, I really love it and the live performance too.
  5. You'll find a lot of fans of the album here. You're right about Red Light though...

It's the last part of the 'older' sound before they hit the studio with Lanois/Eno. Obviously two of the tracks have become modern classics even outside of U2-fandom.

Liam Gallagher really likes Seconds (he was heard humming the bassline to it when they supported U2 in America). Useless bit of trivia there for you...
  6. Originally posted by djrlewisYou'll find a lot of fans of the album here. You're right about Red Light though...

It's the last part of the 'older' sound before they hit the studio with Lanois/Eno. Obviously two of the tracks have become modern classics even outside of U2-fandom.

Liam Gallagher really likes Seconds (he was heard humming the bassline to it when they supported U2 in America). Useless bit of trivia there for you...

Thanks
  7. I love it. Surrender is probably the best song for me, although I like EVERY SINGLE ONE.

And of course my nick comes from that album
  8. Drowning Man makes me want to fall asleep.
  9. Originally posted by haytrainDrowning Man makes me want to fall asleep.

10. Another one to join the chorus here.

War is their best 80's Album imho. Their 1st No.1 in the UK and their first album with a strong political background. Imho the album with the harshest sound to date (except Achtung Baby maybe) and the last one before Eno came in with his bling.

My favourites would be Two Hearts, SBS and Lika a song. Least favourite and the only rather weak track: The Refugee.
  11. I like Red Light a little . Two Hearts tops my list. Like A Song would but that outtro is god awful and way too long
  12. I was talking to Bono during the PopMart tour. He'd asked what I thought of POP. I said that I liked it and mentioned various bits of various songs. I told him that even if it sold 3 albums it was a success because they followed their hearts and did what they thought best, instead of making Achtung Baby part II or whatever.

There was a few fans there. Inevitably, there is always that one; that one that has to make some cynical dumbarse remark: "Well you must love EVERYTHING they do just because it's U2".

Even Bono looked at the jerk a bit odd.

I said "No. I don't love everything." Bono asked: "What U2 song don't you like". I said "I am not so fond of Red Light. I just don't like it". Bono answered: "Yeah, that is pretty much universally accepted as not our finest hour".