1. This is actually pretty interesting as generally speaking MX tends to be the breaking point in the fan base. Personally, I don't think MX as a whole aged very well but also has some great songs to it. Ghost Stories is still my absolute favorite.
  2. Originally posted by ahn1991:This is actually pretty interesting as generally speaking MX tends to be the breaking point in the fan base. Personally, I don't think MX as a whole aged very well but also has some great songs to it. Ghost Stories is still my absolute favorite.
    I really like Ghost Stories; I find MX to be really over the top and worryingly uninspired at times. Last album isn't so bad. Part of me thinks they're still a really good band and would love to see them live. The other part knows Bono was 100% on target: they're complete wankers!
  3. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]
    I didn't "like" them... I loved them back in the day, believe me. I started losing interest when their music became, well, uninteresting to me. I wouldn't say I dislike them, not even now, but now listening to their music is basically one lame song after another lame song - whether it's plain boring, or too poppy and insipid, or just uninteresting.

I can play all of Parachutes and A Rush OBTTH, and many many X&Y, VLV and MX songs on guitar in a heartbeat, but nothing post-2011 has caught my attention enough to make me sit and learn it. Heck, I can't even name more than 5 songs from their past albums from the top of my head!

I am definitely an Oldplay fan.
    I'm 100% with you.
  4. Originally posted by ahn1991:This is actually pretty interesting as generally speaking MX tends to be the breaking point in the fan base. Personally, I don't think MX as a whole aged very well but also has some great songs to it. Ghost Stories is still my absolute favorite.
    Yes, you're right: MX was definitely the breaking point, and I was actually mistaken when including it together with X&Y and VLV. I like most of the songs in these 2 albums but that's not the case with MX. Nevertheless it's still a much more interesting album than the latest 2.
  5. If Moving To Mars was on MX and not on the ETIAW EP, it would be one of my favourite Coldplay albums.
  6. For all you Oldplay fans out there, hold on to hope! There's a chance maybe their Kaleidoscope EP will bring back some of that magic. As unlikely as that seems, I think we've seen stranger things.
  7. Originally posted by ahn1991:For all you Oldplay fans out there, hold on to hope! There's a chance maybe their Kaleidoscope EP will bring back some of that magic. As unlikely as that seems, I think we've seen stranger things.
    Chris said in an interview that the EP might be "more guitar oriented".

I hope so but he's been in the studio with The Chainsmokers
  8. Hey guys random question, I'm heading to coldplay this Friday night in Melbourne and was wondering if anyone has been to a coldplay show.?? How loud compared to a U2. U2 is loud.....fromy experience
  9. Originally posted by u2_michaelc:Hey guys random question, I'm heading to coldplay this Friday night in Melbourne and was wondering if anyone has been to a coldplay show.?? How loud compared to a U2. U2 is loud.....fromy experience
    I saw them in June and I didn't think it was that loud...
  10. Their sound systems are not as extensive as U2's in a stadium setting, so I'm guessing they are probably louder closer to the stage and less so further away. I saw them in August and didn't think they were louder than U2.
  11. Originally posted by ahn1991:Their sound systems are not as extensive as U2's in a stadium setting, so I'm guessing they are probably louder closer to the stage and less so further away. I saw them in August and didn't think they were louder than U2.
    Oh really that's alright