1. spanish eyes should have been an album realse.
  2. Originally posted by walkonspanish eyes should have been an album realse.
    Indeed.
  3. Originally posted by LikeASong
    I knew some time ago that they were planning to play it on Madrid 2005-08-11. They didnt do it, dunno why. The stadium would have fell down... Earthquake!

Pity they didn't. Just like Mofo was soundchecked as was Lemon, apparently according to the following article. That would have knocked the stadium for six.

At the start of the third leg, U2 began varying their setlists considerably. Fast Cars, Discotheque, and In A Little While appeared live, and reports came from Toronto that the band had also been soundchecking Mofo. Further reports stated that Lemon (which, as mentioned, may have been worked on prior to the first leg) and Daddy's Gonna Pay For Your Crashed Car were also being rehearsed. Bono went and upped excitement amongst setlist watchers when he snippeted the latter at the end of The Fly on 20 September 2005, an indicator that the song was on his mind. A fan in New York in October then reported that Bono responded to a query about Mofo with "it's coming, it's coming!", but as it failed to appear, skepticism mounted until a newspaper report confirmed that both Mofo and an unknown bluesy song were soundchecked in Atlanta on 19 November 2005.

And you're not wrong about Spanish Eyes in Madrid, either.

Later on the European leg, Spanish Eyes came up in rehearsals, and an apparently genuine photo of the original 11 August 2005 Madrid setlist showed it in the second encore between All Because Of You and Vertigo in Yahweh's usual spot. However, as it turned out, Yahweh made its usual appearance and Spanish Eyes did not appear on tour.

Plus even more from Mexico (shown on the VH1 Spotlight with U2 special):

U2 spent time rehearsing in Tijuana, Mexico, and while a report exists online purporting to show what U2 played, including songs such as A Celebration and Lemon and A Man And A Woman, we are now fairly certain that it was a forgery. Paul McGuinness and the band members themselves both denied A Celebration was rehearsed when asked, with the band expressing distaste for the song. However, the report's claim of Lemon may have not been so inaccurate - a fan whose word I take very seriously asked Paul McGuinness and he was told that although A Celebration was not done in Tijuana, Lemon was.

Claims of Surrender may also have been false, but we believe reports of Adam rehearsing the bass line of Seconds were accurate. This does not necessarily mean the whole band were considering it, though; Adam has previously warmed up by playing songs never considered for a set, such as 4th Of July during the soundcheck on 20 April 2001.

If I ever meet them I'd like to ask when Mofo and The Unforgettable Fire are gonna be played again - and see if they'll do a fan request. All you can do is ask, right?

So songs like Lemon, Spanish Eyes and Daddy's Gonna Pay For Your Crashed Car were considered. I wouldn't be surprised if a promo show happens this year and some Zooropa tunes and Joshua Tree B-sides are played. Another report was that Electrical Storm was rehearsed, but U2.com went so far as to say it wasn't and never has been.

I'm gonna ask U2.com if Acrobat has ever been soundchecked, and see their response.

Full article here: http://www.u2-vertigo-tour.com/article349.html
  4. Bring Back A Sort of Homecoming. Thats all I want.
  5. Originally posted by drewhigginsI'm gonna ask U2.com if Acrobat has ever been soundchecked, and see their response.
    Why asking something you already know? Can't see the point on it
  6. Originally posted by LikeASong[..]Why asking something you already know? Can't see the point on it

Maybe he means if it was soundchecked on the Vertigo Tour
  7. do u think theyll bother to answer him?
  8. Originally posted by theedge123Maybe he means if it was soundchecked on the Vertigo Tour
    He said "EVER soundchecked"... Dunno
  9. Originally posted by walkondo u think theyll bother to answer him?

Probably not...
  10. You never know.
  11. with out a doubt my favourite track of there's great tempo & lyrics as well..........would be unreal to see 87 footage from Spainish stadium when they first performed it see how wild, wild the crowd was!!! way hey hey baby hang on way hey hey sugar hang on