1. I think I entered accidentally into another U2 thread.
    Mommy!
  2. Muse ain't got money for a telepromter y'know

3. I think fans had a right to complain at that rarity filled set when they very rarely dig into their back catalogue for their older fans. IMO every set should feature at least 1 'deep cut', especially at their own shows, it keeps things fresh. No one is asking for them to play a rarity filled set list each night, just one or two songs for those who have been with them since the early days. Montreux showed they can easily dig into their older songs with ease.

For their gig in Kiev tonight Muse put up a list of songs for fans to vote for, with the idea of the highest voted song to be played at the gig. The top two highest voted songs were Butterflies and Hurricanes and Assassin, they played them both! I really hope they keep this up.
  4. Oh did they!? Wow, that's impressive They already did it back in the Resistance Tour and it worked nicely, almost every show had a fan-chosen song played (or more), so they should definitely get that back.

And yeah, nobody is seriously saying they should play 20 rarities each night - just the odd song thrown here and there to keep interest up would be fine...

Spoiler (click to toggle)
    ...Fuck that, a rarity tour in small clubs as Matt proposed the other day would be killer
  5. Originally posted by cyborgninja117:I think fans had a right to complain at that rarity filled set when they very rarely dig into their back catalogue for their older fans. IMO every set should feature at least 1 'deep cut', especially at their own shows, it keeps things fresh. No one is asking for them to play a rarity filled set list each night, just one or two songs for those who have been with them since the early days. Montreux showed they can easily dig into their older songs with ease.

For their gig in Kiev tonight Muse put up a list of songs for fans to vote for, with the idea of the highest voted song to be played at the gig. The top two highest voted songs were Butterflies and Hurricanes and Assassin, they played them both! I really hope they keep this up.
    Where did they carry on the poll? I can't see it anywhere, it's not on twitter, instagram, facebook or their website
  6. Originally posted by LikeASong:Oh did they!? Wow, that's impressive They already did it back in the Resistance Tour and it worked nicely, almost every show had a fan-chosen song played (or more), so they should definitely get that back.

And yeah, nobody is seriously saying they should play 20 rarities each night - just the odd song thrown here and there to keep interest up would be fine...

Spoiler (click to toggle)
    ...Fuck that, a rarity tour in small clubs as Matt proposed the other day would be killer
    The problem with the polls on the Resistance tour is that they included songs which were definitely going to be played...PiB, TIRO, Starlight etc. so most casual fans voted for those songs. Very silly. Bliss and CE did top a lot of polls and to be fair they did get played on the tour pretty frequently.

They actually did the same thing this time round too, it was on 'VK' which is apparently like the Russian Facebook? Their management put up a list of every song played on the Drones tour so far, so the big hits were (stupidly) still there, it's great that Butterflies and Assassin still got played though.

A rarities tour would be fantastic, but only play in small venues would be pretty stressful in terms of getting tickets! I think they should just stick to their current idea, and just remove the big hits from the polls to ensure two rarities get played each night. Playing two at every gig, along with the big hits they have to play and the album songs pleases absolutely everyone.
  7. Originally posted by cyborgninja117:A rarities tour would be fantastic, but only play in small venues would be pretty stressful in terms of getting tickets! I think they should just stick to their current idea, and just remove the big hits from the polls to ensure two rarities get played each night. Playing two at every gig, along with the big hits they have to play and the album songs pleases absolutely everyone.

Exactly. Loads of people were telling that to Matt the other day on twitter, and he was reading pretty much everything, so he definitely has to know that's the opinion of the biggest part of the fans. Let's see if they act consequently!
  8. twitter.com/French_Musers/status/755186254870880256
    "We just had a nice little chat with Matt about a potential club tour. He seems to really like the idea"