1. Originally posted by germcevoy:[..]
    Hard to disagree and possibly even helped by the short intro in the very early 2009 shows but once Larry dropped the sticks….

Bono’s vocals were a second generation on from the raspy 2001 vocals too. And the segues changed a little too regularly to be truly nailed. All a bit messy.

I also think the band's sound during Streets on Vertigo was still great but the speech was not good! But this was peak preach era Bono.
  2. Vertigo streets is a mixed bag. Preachy Bono = insufferable and I dislike whenever the intro is spoiled by excessive talking. However, I feel it was the last tour where he really pushed himself vocally on the song. The band sounded great too; particularly Adam’s brighter bass tone he went for during that time.
  3. Originally posted by Welsh_Edge:[..]

I also think the band's sound during Streets on Vertigo was still great but the speech was not good! But this was peak preach era Bono.
    Edges tone was lovely. Nice and scratchy or something. Especially Buenos Aires.
  4. Originally posted by cyborgninja117:Vertigo streets is a mixed bag. Preachy Bono = insufferable and I dislike whenever the intro is spoiled by excessive talking. However, I feel it was the last tour where he really pushed himself vocally on the song. The band sounded great too; particularly Adam’s brighter bass tone he went for during that time.
    I completely agree regarding Bono pushing himself vocally on Vertigo. Namely the 5th leg after the break. He came back incredibly strong on that leg of the tour.
  5. My least favourite tour.
    1. European part had almost no rotations, all the great songs they did play on North American parts or just a few european shows were missing (or 2006 tour)
    2. Tour to their worst album (IMO)
    3. Totally ruined Streets and whole Pride/Streets/One kinda sucked...
  6. Originally posted by Alvin:My least favourite tour.
    1. European part had almost no rotations, all the great songs they did play on North American parts or just a few european shows were missing (or 2006 tour)
    2. Tour to their worst album (IMO)
    3. Totally ruined Streets and whole Pride/Streets/One kinda sucked...
    If I remember rightly Europe it did have it's acoustic issues but I enjoyed the shows,if you dislike the album that much that probably played a part for you.
    I have very fond memories of this era of U2,not as good as the Elevation Tour that preceded it but a solid tour overall and with many setlists rotations.
    Was quite a journey from San Diego to Honolulu,also thought it worked better in arenas.
  7. i'd nearly forgotten how good the fly was on this tour - possibly the best it's been played
  8. I very prefer Elevation or Zoo TV ones over this one...
  9. I have great memories on European leg of this tour... Maybe because IMHO it was the last tour with no phones and European crowds were still wild (I was at Camp Nou and both San Siro nights). And like it or not, Bomb was their last huge airplay and chart topper... Tickets were selling like hot cakes
  10. The first time I was able to listen to "An Cat Dubh/Into the Heart" and "The Electric Co." was because of the Chicago DVD, great memories.
  11. Originally posted by celtic:I have great memories on European leg of this tour... Maybe because IMHO it was the last tour with no phones and European crowds were still wild (I was at Camp Nou and both San Siro nights). And like it or not, Bomb was their last huge airplay and chart topper... Tickets were selling like hot cakes
    i was at the camp nou - it was a great concert the stadium was literally moving like an earthquake

and i remember getting the late train with all the fans singing 'how long to sing this song'

nice memories