1. Originally posted by djrlewis[..]

There seems to be a lot of love for this gig (I assume you mean night 3?) - Drew's mentioned it as his best boot ever. I was at the 4th night the night after which was pretty tense too. Bono looked wrecked but they were on fire. The boot here isn't best quality unfortunately.

Not for the sound quality - although I have heard ones in less! Purely for the emotions at that show is why I'd mention as being one of their greatest ever. It's bloody hard to get up and go a few hours after someone so close has passed away. In fact, most of the Elevation shows because of the emotions are amazing.

I must change that listing.
  2. Originally posted by sadb7788[..]

Your story touchs me a lot... I hope your belief in love will remain so strong and that you finally get your deserved prize.

GOOD LUCK!

Thanks for telling me that. I'm happy it touched you the way it did. To update you though I really don't know how the next few years will be for me and her but we almost got together thanksgiving but we both had family stuff to do. At least I know she still cares a lot about me and doesn't want to let me go no matter how far apart we are with school and everything.
  3. Originally posted by U2fan[..]

Thanks for telling me that. I'm happy it touched you the way it did. To update you though I really don't know how the next few years will be for me and her but we almost got together thanksgiving but we both had family stuff to do. At least I know she still cares a lot about me and doesn't want to let me go no matter how far apart we are with school and everything.

No thanks mate I'm with you, totally! I'd be enormously happy if your love will face and win every problem, it would be a great demonstration of what love is and can do
    And finally I don't know if you both believe in God or not, but be sure that God is with you

Cheers!
  4. Originally posted by sadb7788[..]

No thanks mate I'm with you, totally! I'd be enormously happy if your love will face and win every problem, it would be a great demonstration of what love is and can do
    And finally I don't know if you both believe in God or not, but be sure that God is with you

Cheers!

Thanks again for the faith. I actually got an email from her this past week and it was much different then say ones we have sent to each other over the last few years. She seemed very happy to hear from me and the song I sent her. I told her on the phone(voicemail of course) that she made me happy and I know very well now that I make her very happy as well. Even if its close friendship right now I know she loves me and she knows I love her. I guess thats what relationships are.
  5. Originally posted by indiewaremassiveI should stop listening to it, ive just split up with my long term girlfriend. The version at Earls court in 2001 after bonos father died gets me everytime

I definately want this song played at my funeral (thats really really morbid of me isnt it?)

Ahhhhh god im way too obsessed with this band

U2 love for all of yous xx

Hope things will get better for you! Keep your head up high and your faith strong and everything will work out.
  6. I love this song the more and more I listen to it! It's so amazing this band wrote this beautiful song.
  7. the songs that really killed me during times like that are Wild Horses and So Cruel
  8. Originally posted by U2fan[..]

Hope things will get better for you! Keep your head up high and your faith strong and everything will work out.

Thank you im feeling alot better about things now, AND, i can listen to the song again now without feeeling low
  9. I just think nothing beats the album version.

Considering how amazing ultraviolet is, they should keep WOWY out of the selist for good.

Or even bring in a different soft song, a la, the first time.
  10. Originally posted by Macphistfly:I just think nothing beats the album version.

Considering how amazing ultraviolet is, they should keep WOWY out of the selist for good.

I still enjoy hearing the song (even recent performances) and the casual concert-goers might go home disappointed if they didn't play it (but who really cares about them, anyway). However, I can see your point. Instead of dropping it altogether, it could be rotated with something like "All I Want Is You," "Running to Stand Still," "Love Is Blindness," or even "Bad."
  11. Originally posted by Macphistfly:I just think nothing beats the album version.

Unfortunately, i have to agree...
    It's probably my favorite U2 song so i "defended" it a long time, but now i also would prefer not hearing the song at all than that Bono sings another version without a soul...

Would also like changing it with "All I Want Is You"

Or... Don't know why, but somehow i think "If you wear that velvet dress" (listen to the version with Jools Holland for example) or "Two shots of happy, one shot of sad" would work great instead (if Bono's voica can handle it)

Or change it for "Mercy"