1. ^ One of the greatest songs they ever released.

Not quite scary, but it gives you chills - Cedars Of Lebanon. And Corpse....that's eerie.

2. ^ the Clockwork Orange videoclip is what makes Alex Descends/Korova truly frightening for me.

If You Wear That Velvet Dress is (as said by Bono himself) haunted. I don't want to talk about that song too much, but let's just say it's haunted. It's one of their creepiest songs for sure. And I love it.

But then we have to differenciate the lyrics and the music. The guys have written lirically scary songs (Seconds, Bullet The Blue Sky, Last Night On Earth) that don't come across as specially frightening as others whose lyrics are lighter. Exit does obviously have both senses. I would argue Dirty Day, Love Is Blindness and Tomorrow do too.

3. Yep. The Latin is what really sells it.

And Cedars of Lebanon, I suppose is pretty chilling. I love that song to death. Velvet Dress is another spooky one.

Some live performances of Bullet the Blue Sky and Please are pretty frightening too.
  4. All Because of You. The first two-four seconds are some of the most horrifying sounds ever put to record.