1. It's now my turn to ask a question. Not sure if someone will be able to help me. Shall you have any solutions or suggestions feel free to chime in, all help is appreciated in advance.

Long story short: I bought a faulty microSD card a few weeks ago to expand my Android phone's storage and since then, most if not all of the pics and videos I've taken are unreadable either from the phone or from the computer (and either connecting it via usb cable or extracting the microSD and plugging it into the computer's card reader). It's not that they've been erased or anything; the files are there, they weigh and they have correct size/timestamp/name properties, but they're just unreadable, they cannot be opened no matter the software I try to open them with.

I've done some Recuva stuff and it seems that the problem is on the files' header. Look at these two different headers: first one is from an MP4 file that is ok and readable, and the other one is from one of the corrupt MP4 files. That FF FF FF ý ý ý ý ý ý pattern is repeated on all corrupt files, including the JPG ones (3rd pic os from a good header, 4th one is from the first corrupt file, just right after I inserted the faulty microSD on Jan 3rd):

Is there any way to reconstruct these broken headers so I can re-gain access to the files?? Thanks! Some of these videos and photos are pretty important and it would be a bummer if they got lost and unrecoverable while they're there!!
  2. ^ nodoby? Don't my corrupt headers have any appreciation?
  3. iPhone SE gone. iPhone 7 in.

SE was (and is) a great phone but ingot bored with the dull screen.
  4. Who is using Bluetooth earphones? In the market having bought an iPhone 7. Have to be in ear.

I've tried a few cheap pairs from Amazon but the buds are all too larger to fit my ears so I'm now looking up the price range. Beats X look a good shout. They seem muted for beats and supposedly the sound signature isn't as bass heave as beats have been before. They are expensive but the buds look the right shape, they do 8 hours on a charge and that W1 chip looks a treat for an iPhone and ipad owner such as myself.
  5. Never mind. Bought them and they fit like they were customer made. Cable a little long but fit in the ear is exactly what I needed.
  6. So, just fetched a drink from the kitchen and return to my PC to see "RANSOMWARE ATTACK!" in huge red letters on my screen.

Turns out it was just one of those annoying Windows 10 Notification things from Symantec saying they're fighting the latest outbreak. Flipping heck, I almost had a heart attack, wouldn't surprise me if someone actually does get a heart attack seeing that. I bet whoever designed that notification thought it would be hilarious to do it in that manner. Gah, not funny at all.
  7. Originally posted by Caledonia:So, just fetched a drink from the kitchen and return to my PC to see "RANSOMWARE ATTACK!" in huge red letters on my screen.

Turns out it was just one of those annoying Windows 10 Notification things from Symantec saying they're fighting the latest outbreak. Flipping heck, I almost had a heart attack, wouldn't surprise me if someone actually does get a heart attack seeing that. I bet whoever designed that notification thought it would be hilarious to do it in that manner. Gah, not funny at all.
    That's seriously messed up Great way to build confidence in your brand.

Hey, to anyone who can help. I've got a fair few of the early Alice Cooper albums all on Warner Brothers. For some bizarre reason, every single one has ceased to play. Seems weird they're all from one particular company - has anyone got any idea, have they just stopped working? (I'm using a Mac Superdrive). Seems there's been nothing but issues with the latest updates to OSX.

Also - most of my bootleg U2 DVDs have stopped playing too. Might have to get someone to get me some new ones!!!
  8. Originally posted by drewhiggins:[..]
    That's seriously messed up Great way to build confidence in your brand.

Hey, to anyone who can help. I've got a fair few of the early Alice Cooper albums all on Warner Brothers. For some bizarre reason, every single one has ceased to play. Seems weird they're all from one particular company - has anyone got any idea, have they just stopped working? (I'm using a Mac Superdrive). Seems there's been nothing but issues with the latest updates to OSX.

Also - most of my bootleg U2 DVDs have stopped playing too. Might have to get someone to get me some new ones!!!
    Ack sounds rough, not much of an Apple guy but whenever stuff like that has happened on my PC down the years its usually related to an outdated / problematic codec of some sort.
  9. Windows nerds.

Girlfriends laptop needs an upgrade but local shops quoting silly money for an ssd upgrade. How difficult is it to get windows on a new SDD (swapping out old spinning hard drive)?

I could swap in the SSD myself but how do I then get windows into it from there? The machine had Windows 7 on it and she'd be happy with that rather than upgrading to 10.
  10. Originally posted by germcevoy:Windows nerds.

Girlfriends laptop needs an upgrade but local shops quoting silly money for an ssd upgrade. How difficult is it to get windows on a new SDD (swapping out old spinning hard drive)?

I could swap in the SSD myself but how do I then get windows into it from there? The machine had Windows 7 on it and she'd be happy with that rather than upgrading to 10.
    I remember when my hard drive went faulty in my laptop, my brother and I swapped out the hard drive for a new one and found a version of Windows 7 sitting around on the web. Dodgy, I know, but it never posed any issues at all. I think you should just do the swap yourself, because you should be able to find a version of Windows 7 pretty easily.
  11. Upgrade to 10 it's better if you're used to it.

Putting the software on it shouldn't be that hard, enough tutorials on YouTube.
  12. Microsoft is killing off paint