1. Solution: update to Windows 7.

hahaha... just kidding (although I really recommend you that)

It sounds like you have -accidentally or not- changed the type of log-on protocol you use.

It might have gone from this:

to this:

hasn't it?

I'm going to try to help you, but I use Windows in Spanish and don't know the English translations for all terms, try to guess what I mean if something is understandable

Go to Control Panel, and click User Accounts. Then click on "Change the way/manner/? that users log on or off"... There should be various options there, I think you should check the "Use the main Welcome screen for fast and easy logon" box...
  2. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]

Solution: update to Windows 7.

hahaha... just kidding (although I really recommend you that)

It sounds like you have -accidentally or not- changed the type of log-on protocol you use.

It might have gone from this:
    [image]

to this:
    [image]

hasn't it?

I'm going to try to help you, but I use Windows in Spanish and don't know the English translations for all terms, try to guess what I mean if something is understandable

Go to Control Panel, and click User Accounts. Then click on "Change the way/manner/? that users log on or off"... There should be various options there, I think you should check the "Use the main Welcome screen for fast and easy logon" box...

Have to wait til funds come for a new computer, not for some time unfortunately

No it isn't the ctrl-alt-dlt sequence, it's got a black background and just has boxes for username and password. Thanks for the help dude
  3. Seems a neat little machine. Crazy good price and excellent reviews

4. Price being the main draw. Shall report back in due course.

5. That's very like the HP 10" I have for travelling. It's a neat little unit and much more sturdy and useful than an ipad. When I was working in Vietnam earlier this year, my boss brought her ipad and then couldn't use it because the hotel only had wired internet and you have to have an adapter to enable that for ipad. It's that kind of silly omission from the build that puts me off tablets.

Just one tip re Windows 7 Starter: you can't change the desktop wallpaper without downloading a little widget. Drove me nuts til I worked it out. Let me know if you need pointing in the right direction.
  6. Anyone have any idea if it's possible to burn a 10 GB HD video onto a DVD? or 2? or do i need to compress it to at least 8 GB for the specific 8 GB DVDs? (since most DVD's do 4 GB) I specifically want to burn glasto onto a DVD and give it to a friend that missed it and doesn't think U2 can function without the claw (long story)
  7. I've just drank a smoothie made from old F5 keyboard buttons.It was very refreshing.

Why did I find that so funny?
  8. Originally posted by sonia_lastrega:[..]

That's very like the HP 10" I have for travelling. It's a neat little unit and much more sturdy and useful than an ipad. When I was working in Vietnam earlier this year, my boss brought her ipad and then couldn't use it because the hotel only had wired internet and you have to have an adapter to enable that for ipad. It's that kind of silly omission from the build that puts me off tablets.

Just one tip re Windows 7 Starter: you can't change the desktop wallpaper without downloading a little widget. Drove me nuts til I worked it out. Let me know if you need pointing in the right direction.

I shall be in touch. I've no idea how much of a compromise Starter is.
  9. Could anyone help me?
    Iv just got a new phone - android i think - and iv downloaded the glastonbury gig from here mp3 and transfered it to the phone and when i play it i have a lovely picture of the stage screen with the butterfly. How can i do this with other albums/gigs?

the folder i added has the songs but nothing else? no image inside it, im confused.
  10. Images can be embedded into the mp3 files in the same manner as other tags (artist, album, etc)

I dont do that, i just use an external image, so dont know much about it either. I know Mp3tag can embed images, also the latest foobar2000 can do it.

Dont know about iTunes or Windows Media Player.