1. The Joshua Tree tribute band are playing tonight at Romano's in Riverside.
    www.u2jt.com

If you live in Orange County or LA (Riverside too, obviously) You should go check them out.

www.romanosrestaurants.com Time: 9 PM

5225 Canyon Crest Dr #58
    Riverside, CA 92506
    (951) 781-ROMA

They are quite good! Join the fun!
  2. to GER MCAV, i was at zu2 in belfast too mate. i had seen them before in the empire on st paddies and they were unbelievable. probably because there was more of a crowd that night. i was disappointed with the turn out before xmas, but the kings of leon were playin in the odyssey that night so i think that contributed.

have to say i think zu2 are the best u2 tribute band i've seen, although i saw a cover band when i was at queens university called the doppelgangers way back in '95 and they played the song 'ZOOROPA', which, considering u2 have only attempted this a couple of times, was brave, but frighteningly good.
  3. The Joshua Tree (tribute band) were really fun. anstratdubh even got to play a song with them! And FakeBono was kind enough to wish us a safe journey out to the tree the next day.

If you're around LA when they are (or I guess they play in Vegas a lot too) you should def check them out. It was a nice way to 'see' the band without them being on tour (YET!).
  4. At a venue now to see Achtung Baby. Heard great things
  5. Achtung Baby were crap. They couldn't get the sound mix right. Singer and drummer to high, guitarist too low and the bassist may awell have been a cardboard cut out.

The Edge looked the part and so did Adam. The set was very typical with the only curve balls being One Tree Hill and ASOH (both of which they did well). Other than that though it was all a bit stale. The singer had clearly watched all the live DVD's and used all the mainstream snippets. One thing he did pissed me offf soo much though. They started to play Help and I though 'holy shit they are gonna do Ultraviolet'. I got so excited but they ripped into Even Better Than The Real Thing insteaf. Urghh. I left early, they were playing One. . . .

Hilight of the night though went as follows. I'd posted on here from the venue on the mobile saying that I was hear to see the band and throughout the night I was on my mobile checking and posting like I do. As I got up to leave some guy says to mer 'here, are you germcevoy on U2start?' I nearly shit a brick. He'd saw my post above before he'd left the house to go to the very same gig as me and just happened to be standing behind me and saw me on here with my mobile. Freakishly small world eh?

Couldn,t get his username but asked him to drop me a PM
  6. Originally posted by germcevoy:Achtung Baby were crap. They couldn't get the sound mix right. Singer and drummer to high, guitarist too low and the bassist may awell have been a cardboard cut out.

The Edge looked the part and so did Adam. The set was very typical with the only curve balls being One Tree Hill and ASOH (both of which they did well). Other than that though. The singer had clearly watched all the live DVD's and used all the mainstream snippets. One thing he did pissed me offf soo much though. They started to play Help and I though 'holy shit they are gonna do Ultraviolet'. I got so excited but they ripped into Even Better Than The Real Thing insteaf. Urghh. I left early, they were playing One. . . .

Hilight of the night though went as follows. I'd posted on here from the venue on the mobile saying that I was hear to see the band and throughout the night I was on my mobile checking and posting like I do. As I got up to leave some guy says to mer 'here, are you germcevoy on U2start?' I nearly shit a brick. He'd saw my post above before he'd left the house to go to the very same gig as me and just happened to be standing behind me and saw me on here with my mobile. Freakishly small world eh?

That's Twilight Zone right there....
  7. Originally posted by germcevoy:Achtung Baby were crap. They couldn't get the sound mix right. Singer and drummer to high, guitarist too low and the bassist may awell have been a cardboard cut out.

The Edge looked the part and so did Adam. The set was very typical with the only curve balls being One Tree Hill and ASOH (both of which they did well). Other than that though it was all a bit stale. The singer had clearly watched all the live DVD's and used all the mainstream snippets. One thing he did pissed me offf soo much though. They started to play Help and I though 'holy shit they are gonna do Ultraviolet'. I got so excited but they ripped into Even Better Than The Real Thing insteaf. Urghh. I left early, they were playing One. . . .

did we see the same band?
    http://www.achtung-baby.info/
  8. Originally posted by anstratdubh1979:I've seen "The Joshua Tree" from Los Angeles.
    http://www.u2jt.com/

Also, "The Unforgettable Fire" from NY are great.
    http://www.uf2.com/

There are videos on YouTube of them.
    snippet of A Sort of Homecoming - [YouTube Video]
    Elevation - [YouTube Video]
    Zoo Station - [YouTube Video]
    With or WIthout You - [YouTube Video]

Both bands are white hot and have great "Edge's" in their bands. All the member in each are great. Listen to The Unforgettable Fire's singer on that snippet of A Sort of Homecoming (spot on!)

I've seen Unforgettable Fire from NY, too. They're very good. And I was standing next to Tony Russo, the lead singer at the Brooklyn Bridge concert on 2004-11-22. (the prequel to Fordham)