1. Originally posted by LikeASong[..]I'm always late. Yesteday I was going to open a whole politics thread, but my lazyness won the party and I went to bed.

Now it's time to open it, like the "General Chating topic", but into politics.

EDIT. It's done. http://www.u2start.com/topic/2396/

Great! I'm always up for a political discussion.
  2. Originally posted by Ali709[..]

Now this is nice >> The link is also filtered, so I can't see the news!! ...but I get an idea from the "iran-blocks-then-unblocks-google" part
    It was mentioned in newspapers here too.

Are you serious? That's pathetic.
  3. Originally posted by Ali709[..]

Now this is nice >> The link is also filtered, so I can't see the news!! ...but I get an idea from the "iran-blocks-then-unblocks-google" part
    It was mentioned in newspapers here too.

The Sydney Morning Herald is blocked?

========================================================================

Iran has unblocked access to the Google search engine and its Gmail email service after briefly filtering them owing to an "error", the Fars news agency reported.

"Due to an error, the Google site was filtered on Sunday evening but the error was corrected and now Google and its different sites like Gmail can be used," said an official from the state-run communications company.

Earlier today, Hamid Shahriari, the secretary of Iran's National Council of Information, had confirmed that the sites were being filtered, without providing further explanation.

Iran has tough censorship on cultural products and internet access, banning thousands of websites and blogs containing sexual and politically critical material as well as women's rights and social networking sites.

The rules are applied by internet service providers who use filtering programs to prevent access to the banned sites.

The programs work by honing in on key words which trigger the blocking of a site, which means that some perfectly anodyne sites are inaccessible as well as more sensitive ones.

The filtering aims to prevent Iranians from accessing decadent material posted abroad, a similar goal to the ban on satellite dishes, which are subject to period crackdowns.

4. Originally posted by drewhiggins[..]

The Sydney Morning Herald is blocked?

========================================================================
    [...]

Just tried it again... it IS blocked
    And the news is just right... we have problems with satellite dishes as well!